"Know the latest breakthrough in age-defying skin care for the Filipina."
That tag line was written on the Bloggers' Invite I got from the wonderful people of UNILAB. It was a tag line I can't resist! Hey, I'm in my thirties! Age-Defying whatever is interesting for me!
The event started with wonderful snacks at the Linden Suites. Welcoming remarks and an ice-breaker was done by Celeteque Brand Manager Ms. Kathryn Joy Perez.
After sharing a couple of laughs! We were then introduced to a dermatologist to give us a talk about skin. Dr. Nenita Alberto.
What's the point of learning and not sharing right? Here are some of the important information I've noted down to share to everyone!
- The difference of young and old skin --- Collagen plays a very important role! Collagen is known to be the "glue" that holds the body together. Imagine, tighter looking skin!
- The reason why aging skin is also known as "sagging skin" is because the skin decreases its elasticity as we age.
How to prevent aging of skin?
- As much as possible, avoid the sun from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Use sunscreen daily. At least SPF20 and above.
- If you are staying inside an air-conditioned room for the whole day and there is no sweating, you can skip re-application of sunscreen.
- Sunscreen is best applied 30 minutes before you step out of the sun.
- Face - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Arm (1) - 1 teaspoon
- Leg (1) - 1 teaspoon
- Upper Body - 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Whole Body - at least 40 grams
A LOT right? I actually follow that when I'm out for a swim or if I know I'll be exposed under the sun for the entire day!
Natural Factors that Prevent Skin Dryness
Here are some of the Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) you can take into consideration when reading labels. These are helpful to maintain moisture on your skin.
- Lactic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Malic Acid
- Pyruvic Acid
There are 2 Types of Moisturizers
- One that produces oily layer on the skin surface to prevent moisture from evaporation (ex. Lanolin, petroleum jelly, vegetable oils)
- One that absorbs water (ex. Glycerine, sorbitol, PPG)
After the interesting talk from Dr. Nenita Alberto. We were then introduced to the new Fine line and Wrinkle Eraser as introduced by the Product Associate of Celeteque Ms. Ailee Canlas
3 Star Products
Celeteque Advanced Anti-Aging Trio
- Anti-Wrinkle Facial Moisturizer 45ml - Php620.00 (approx $14.76)
- Anti-Wrinkle Ultra-Hydrating Cleanser Light Cleansing Oil - Php199.00 (approx $4.75) for 50ml Php369.00 (approx $8.80) for 100ml
- Anti-Aging Power Serum Concentrated Break off Capsules - Php699.00 (approx $16.64)
The Anti-Wrinkle Facial Moisturizer isn't new to me as my Aunt and cousin swore by it! They even gifted me one last Christmas (indirectly telling me I'm looking old? Just joking! hahaha).
The Cleansing Oil made me so excited as I'm a cleansing oil
drinker user! I've finished up a couple of cleansing oils from different brands and it'll be great to find one that works which is locally made (go Pinoy!) and affordable!
The Break off Capsules reminded me of the Elizabeth Arden capsules my mom-in-law loves to purchase at the Duty Free Shops. I can't wait to share this to her and see how she finds it!
It was a fun event and I learned so much! Here's a class picture of all the bloggers who attended! I felt bad I wasn't able to really talk to all of them as I arrived, ...ahm...just when the program was going to start! *embarrassed*
Thanks UNILAB PH for the invite. Thanks Rochelle for being my text mate!
Thanks to all the wonderful bloggers whom I shared laughs with!
Have a gorgeous day!
(Note from author: Photos without watermark are taken by the photographer from the event)