If your lips are quite ok to start with, not too dry and yet, you wanted the extra moisture and protection from time to time, then I would recommend Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm in pot, this is actually my favorite out of all the Carmex lip products available in the market (personal choice), no extra flavor, just plain minty taste and feel that I long for in a lip care product!
Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm says ---
- Available since 1937, with over 1 billion jars sold.
- Original lip-tingling formula
- Relieves the symptoms of chapped lips and cold sores.
- Non-addictive and not tested on animals
AMW says ---
- Simple, original, no frill packaging.
- Packaging includes expiration date.
- Men wouldn't mind using this as it looks more "manly"
- Gives a nice tingling, relaxing sensation on lips.
- Can be easily used as a base without making the lipstick slide off.
- No uncomfortable waxy-feel.
- I don't have cold sores or blisters, I can only test this on my dry lips and it does help relieve pain due to dryness!
- You will need to use your finger or lip brush to grab product. Very difficult if you have long nails like me!
- Does not totally erase or "mask" lines of lips.
- Won't be enough if you have super chapped and super dry lips!
As stated on my introduction, this is my favorite Carmex lip product! It targets the problems without complications --- relieves dryness and moisturizes without the heavy, waxy feel!
- Make sure your fingers are clean before you dip your finger to the product.
- Use a lipbrush if you are not comfortable using your fingers, or for girls with long fingernails.
- The special men in your life can use this without the feel of lipstick application!
- I prefer to apply a good coat of Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm all over your lips, let it stay for a couple of minutes before you move on to lipstick application!
- If you have super dry lips, re-apply as often as possible.
- Dry lips is not only caused by external factors, you also need to hydrate yourself by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Do not lick your lips too much!
- Once allergic reactions occur, stop usage IMMEDIATELY!
Yes. I actually tote another one along for "male" clients who needed to have moisture on their lips without the "flavor".
To whom do I recommend this to?
Guys or girls who needed a lip balm that protects the lips from dryness and chapping!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local beauty stores for Php99.75 (approx $2.00)
Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm in a jar
Applied on bare lips, doesn't have the "oily look" some lip balm create.
The lines of my lips aren't "masked" but it does help relieve the uncomfortable feeling of dryness.
The best part? I don't have to blot my lips with tissue as I can apply my lipstick right after!
What's your favorite Carmex lip balm?
By far, this is my favorite!
Have you tried this?
Keep it? Or chuck it?
Have a wonderful weekend!