One thing that makes me want to go back to school (definitely not the exams) are the yearly field trips! Manila Zoo, Science Museum, etc... You know what I missed out? Those field trips to factories! I always find myself glued on TV especially on Food Channel were they would showcase candy factories, chocolate factories and a whole lot more! A factory tour is on my list because I'm always amazed at how products are made! A week ago, a decade plus after my graduation --- my dream came true!
I am so lucky to be part of the Blogger Group invited by Yakult Philippines to check out their factory at Makiling, Laguna. Yay! Finally, I will have a first hand experience on how my favorite childhood/adulthood drink is made!
Some facts I got acquainted with on our way to the plant ---
- Yakult Philippines Factory was established year 1978! A year before I was born! Ahm..just sayin' *lol*
- Yakult has expanded several times since then.
- Yakult Philippines can produce 1.6 million bottles a day! That's a whole lot even for kids who can down 5 bottles a day!
- Yakult is served 60ml locally and they don't plan to produce bigger ones (even if I went on strike!) because Yakult wants to reach out to everyone terms of pricing! They also want to maintain freshness as not everyone can down a huge Yakult drink.
- Yakult tastes different in other countries because of the ingredients, we use our local sugars here.
- A dose of Yakult everyday boosts our immune system which help us fight against colds, even prevent acute diarrhea (as proven with a study in India).
A huge Lactobaccili Mascot greeted us and I lost my cool! I hugged him?her?it? right away!!! And it wasn't just me! (come on girls, admit it!) :P
We were given a tour at the factory. What I can say about the factory? Super clean! Everyone's following steps to maintain cleanliness and hygiene! This is a place where Yakult drink is made.
Yakult all packed and randomly checked for quality control
I tried zooming in without flash but it went blur (sorry!)
3 Ingredients needed to make Yakult drink --- Skim Milk Powder, Sugar, Glucose plus Viable cell to be mixed with "Mother Starter" as they call it. A culture starter is also added!
To make the famous Yakult bottle that hasn't change since 1968. The Yakult Bottle is the second bottle to have been approved to have a 3D patent in Japan. Second the Coca-cola!
We were also shown Yakult products available worldwide!
- Bifiel and Mil-Mil - containing over 1 billion live bifidobacteria.
- Revecy-S.E. - specifically developed skin care products containing Yakult's unique "S.E. liquid" and hyaluronic acid, which together promote a moist and young looking skin! I was told this comes in pricey! 2nd most expensive skincare line in Japan.
- Yakult packet in different sizes.
- Yakult Seichoyaku - over-the-counter intestinal regulatory medicine.
More Yakult Products
- Joie - a liquid type yogurt containing over 12.5 billion live Lactobacillus Casei Shirota Strain.
- Striker, Milouge and Toughman - Striker is an isotonic drink. Milouge is milk drink with added fruit juince and Toughman is a refreshing drink containing Ginseng extract along with vitamins and amino acids for energy boost.
- Vegetable, Orange and Apple Juices
- Sofuhl - a solid-type dessert yogurt containing over 10 billion live Lactobacillus Casei Shirota Strain available in plain, strawberry. apple and citrus fruits.
Here are my classmates
I am holding 2 Yakult bottles close to me because that's the least number I MUST consume each time I need my Yakult Fix. Actually I like pouring 3 bottles of Yakult, add some ice and it helps put my summer troubles away!
Thanks Yakult Philippines for being so hospitable with the factory tour! Thanks Sophie for arranging this and to my Field Trip classmates, I had fun going back to second childhood with you! :P
Do you drink Yakult? I still do!