I got an email from Jotabs Chavez, Segment Producer of Homepage last week.
Homepage, is a daily morning show of Net 25 aired every Mondays-Fridays from 7:30am to 9:00am and 2nd time nominee for Best Morning Show for the 24th PMPC Star Awards for Television. The hosts of the program are Eunice Marino, veteran Broadcast Onion Miranda and Malacanang Press Corps member Weng dela Fuenta.
I was told that the program aims to perk up the viewers' mornings and keep audiences updated with latest current events, weather reports, entrepreneurial tips and health issues.
What will I be doing there? (aside from singing and dancing and a bit of acting? lol!)
I was told that I will be guesting one of its segments called "Light and Bright" to do a demo regarding "Make Up Tips This Rainy Season". Yes....LIVE!
Did the thought scare me?
Of course now! I just vomited and fainted! Again, Just Joking! :D
I was at the Studio as early as 7:00am to have my makeup done. Looks like all the guests will be given a makeover! I was so used to doing my own makeup just because I am a makeup artist! It feels good to have my make-up done by other people for a change!
The in house makeup artist actually left my drawn brows and darken the eyeshadow I had on and did a lot of contouring! I actually like the way she puts makeup on me and I appreciate it that I still look like myself only with a contoured face for better looking face on TV.
After the quick hair and makeup, I finally met my model Erika and I was asked to do her "base makeup" before the show starts!
With a foundation one shade lighter than her skin, I concealed her under eye circles and covered some redness on areas needed. Since my model Erika has gorgeous skin to start with, it did not take me much time to do some concealing and headed to powder foundation application instead with a brush to 'set'.
Comes a bit past 8:00am, I was told by Jotabs that it's my turn! I didn't get the chance to be nervous as I was running around thinking what I need to use during live demonstration, as I scrambled and put everything inside my home-made brush belt at the same time, Jotabs helping me with the mic, the camera was ready to roll and the host Eunice introduced me.
Yes, I know, the chair was too high and I was wearing flats because I know the camera will shoot only half of my body! *laughs*
**AMW wearing 1 pc Promod Dress
- Your makeup should be light and you use waterproof makeup!
- Prep your skin by using an oil-control primer for oily skin and moisturize your skin with a light moisturizer if you have dry skin.
- Try not to use too much foundation, if needed, apply foundation/concealer only on areas needed.
- You can set with an oil control setting powder if you have oily skin, and use a regular setting powder for dry skin.
- For the brows, if you have full brows, just trim/shave it and skip eyebrow pencils or powders. Use this ONLY if needed.
- Eye makeup should be light! It is safe to use neutral shades like beige, browns, etc...
- You can choose to use bright colored eyeshadow but make sure to use primer underneath to keep it from smudging.
- Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
- Use cream blush or cheek tints instead of powder. Powder blushes can be removed easily once it gets in contact with humidity.
- Avoid lip gloss or any sticky lipstick.
Those are some of the tips I remembered blurting out! I'm sure there's still a lot more and feel free to share if I missed some!
By the end of the segment, I told Erika I'll finish her makeup as I don't want her to go out with unfinished makeup!
**Shu Uemura Customized Palette (or Tara calls it Nikki Palette)
Erika's Before and After Photos
I want to thank the staffs of Net 25's Homepage for making me part of this show! Thanks to my makeup artist of the day Cherie for the lovely makeup and hair!
To Erika, thank you for sitting "still" during my demo! :P
And thanks just for being beautiful! :)
That's another experience I'll keep inside my memory's hard drive!
Thanks Mr. AMW for the never ending support and photos!