Shiseido, the first time I met you, I was in Hong Kong and I left my whole skin care regimen back home (stupid me) and I hurried to Bonjour to purchase samples sizes! (ahhh! tactic!)
Shiseido Brightening Cleansing Foam
Shiseido Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion
and the Spot Serum!
You were housed in a tiny bottle and I don't know if I'll survive for 2 weeks! Yet, a miracle happened! Using these on a daily basis --- day and night, my skin looks WONDERFUL! I remember seeing my grade school friend whom I haven't seen for YEARS told me I looked "happy" and "blooming" <--- that's from her ok?
Going back, I've known all along that the brand has its own make-up line! It was never a priority for me to look into their cosmetics line because I've labeled them as the "skincare expert".
Today, I will be reviewing the FIRST of the 2 Shiseido cosmetics I own! Honestly speaking, I wasn't that excited to use this product as I thought it's just the usual "overpriced cosmetics that doesn't perform!"
Thank God I was wrong! :)
Read on, as I hit myself with a book!....
Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio says ---
- Alluring combinations, Endless Variety.
- True Intense Color
- Silky-smooth texture.
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested
- Available in 10 shades.
AMW says ---
- Sleek, simple palette that's easy to take along.
- Packaging includes Manufacture date which makes it easy to keep track on when the product expires.
- The mirror that comes with the compact is HUGE!
- Free brushes are all useful! Made with quality.
- The shades are unique and I can't seem to find instant "dupes".
- Has a silky-smooth texture that's easy to apply.
- Pigmentation is surprisingly good, I used this without an eye primer and it stayed for the whole day! (Note: My lids aren't oily)
- 1 gram of eyeshadow for each shade which equals to 3 g, the content will last for a long time!
- If used all together, the pink and blue combination doesn't look like I stepped out from the 80's!
- Each shade can be used on their own (don't forget the eyeliner!) so you can create various combinations! Or you can use all three at the same time and it'll match!
- No brain-er palette for newbies!
- Again, since this is a palette, you may like 1 or 2 of the shades and may probably have a similar shade on the 3rd!
- Pricey at first glance.
I am impressed with this palette! The quality of the shadows are good, even better than some eye shadows I've tried! My favorite part is its texture, silky smooth that applies smoothly and the effect is not too heavy yet not too sheer! The color pops even without an eye primer!
- If you're not comfortable using eye shadows, here's a tip: The medium shade can be applied ALL over the crease, the lighter shade can be used to "highlight" or you can apply it at the inner corner of the eyes or the mid-section. The darkest shade is always there to deepen the crease!
- Never drop the palette!
- Feel free to use the sponge applicator and brush that comes with the palette, it's work-able!
- If you have oily lids: Do not forget to use an oil-control eye primer!
- Blend! Blend! Blend! No matter how pretty the shades are, if harsh lines are visible, it's not that pretty!
- Purchase a palette shade that you know you will use a lot! There's no point spending on an expensive palette and leave it until its expiration! Ex: If you know green looks great on you, purchase a palette that has a green shade! If you're a brown/beige person, then go for that palette!
- Wash the free brushes that comes with the palette before you use!
- Try to apply the shadows differently each time until you find a "style" that works best for you.
I wouldn't mind other shades! Would love to include Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio inside my make-up kit!
To whom do I recommend this to?
The palette "Punky Blues" is great if you're not afraid to wear bright colors! For the rest of the population who wants the toned-down look, the trio comes with other shades the complement each other as well!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Rustan's for Php1,998.00 (approx $46.50).
Shades as seen on palette
L-R Denim Blue, Light Denim Blue and Baby Pink
Swatch on hand without primer
Photo taken without direct flash.
Here's how I used all the colors
(of course there are various ways out there!)
1. Applied the Light Denim Blue on the inner corner and the other thirds of the lids going a bit beyond the crease blending the edges.
2. Applied the baby pink shade on the middle portion as seen on diagram. Also apply the same shade on the inner lower lashline.
3. With a smaller crease brush, apply this shade on the outer-v and use this to line the lower lash line as well!
Here's the final look with
thin eyeliner and 2 coats of mascara!
Have you tried Shiseido cosmetics?
What's a "must" Shiseido "makeup" item a girl should own?