Two weeks ago, I attended The launch The Shu Uemura's Coloar Atelier and it's time I show you the "Nikki Palette" I've created. (Thanks Tara dear for naming our palettes and I am embracing the new name!)
It took me awhile to finally complete the dream palette I was aiming for! As Shu Uemura's Make-up Artist Roy patiently wait for my choices, he asked me what I was aiming for. I excitedly told him: "I have my bridal clients in mind." He liked the idea and told me it's a "selfless" decision. Thanks Roy! It's not a selfless decision on my part as I've always wanted the best for my clients! I've talked to a couple of makeup artists who told me they swore on Shu Uemura Eye Shadows to help them gorgeous looks for blooming brides!
"Nikki's Bridal Palette"
Shu Uemura Color Atelier Palette says ---One palette. Infinite looks.
Be the stylist of your own palette. your own palette transforms to meet your every desire by mood, occasion, fashion or style. mix, match, and customize your palette to coordinate your color make-up as you do your wardrobe. with shade selection by Shu Uemura's expert artists you can create infinite looks. explore the joy of mixing and matching with your dream palette!
AMW says ---
- Packaging is sleek and simple to use, no magnets nor tape needed.
- Each eyeshadow or glow on blusher are packed neatly, hygienic and has a manufacturing stamp!
- You can choose your own eyeshadow shades, no need to spend on colors you already own or colors you don't use.
- You have the option to go for --- 4 eye shadow shades, 2 eyeshadows and 1 glow on blush or 2 glow on blush. Your choice.
- Eye shadow shades are very pigmented and adheres to the lids even without primer.
- Eye shadows are creamy and smooth to apply.
- Eye shadows --- have five different textures to choose from (matte, pearl, iridescent, metallic and glitter)
- Blushes --- available in matte and pearl. It's nice to have a choice of matte or shimmery blush!
- For make-up artists, it's convenient to own this one sleek palette which you can easily carry around for re-touching.
- The matte glow on blusher I own works not only as blush but as contouring powder as well!
- Not all shades are in stock due to high demand! I have chosen approximately 3-4 eye shadow shades that aren't in stock!
- Since you the one creating your own palette, there's room for accidents! Like me, I accidentally created a dent on my glow-on blush because of my long nails!
- I wish they have different sizes of quad cases available. Let's say squarish one?
- Pricey for people who are on the budget.
This palette is worth every single penny as you get to love all the colors included in the palette as you choose them yourself!
- It's difficult to choose from wide range of shades. Focus on what you are aiming for. 4 eye shadows? 2 Eye shadows and 1 Glow On blusher? Or 2 Glow On Blushers?
- Choose depending on the looks you have in mind. Will you be able to use one shade as much as you can?
- Be careful in transferring the eye shadows and glow-on blushers to the palette. If you accidentally dent it with your fingernails, you can press it again by putting a clean tissue on top of the eyeshadow and gently press with light pressure.
- Be careful not to drop the palette.
- If you are on a budget, you can purchase the eye shadows and blushes on its own without the palette! Do not throw the plastic that comes with the packaging. Or you can create your own palette by purchasing inexpensive plastic cases and stick the palette with a double sided tape.
I will definitely repurchase more eyeshadow shades and glow-on blushers!
To whom do I recommend this to?
If you like to bring minimal make-up, this is the best!
Where to purchase and how much?
Quad Case + 1 Glow On + 2 Pressed Eye Shadows (Php3,580/$83.00). Available at Shu Uemura Boutique and counters nationwide.
The shades included in this palette ---
Eyeshadows - Dark Brown 861 and Light Beige 813
Glow On Blush - Medium Amber750
You can easily slide off the palette case as shown on photo below
Gently put the colors one by one. Feels like jigsaw puzzles!
You can choose to fill in 4 eye shadows,
2 Glow On Blushes
or 2 eye shadows and 1 Glow On Blush like what I did on mine!
Remember my Net 25's Homepage Guesting last week? I was asked to create Makeup For Rainy Day and I only have a couple of minutes to finish the make-up of my dear model Erika! I've decided to bring out the Shu Uemura Color Atelier, Nikki's Bridal Palette.
Even by using a tiny amount, the eye shadows Light Beige and Dark Brown showed up on TV Screen!
The blush works as a contouring powder too! It gives a nice shape to the model's overall look!
I'll try my best not to use this on myself! :P
If you are creating your own bridal palette, what shades are you going to include?
I'd love to read your combination!