Ahhh Maquillage, the name itself spells "glamour"! I've been intrigued with this brand when I was just starting out on make-up! I've longed for this because it was quite well-known in Asian market because it is from the giant Japanese Cosmetics brand Shiseido.
The Rouge Enamel Glamour comes with a lip color (in bigger sized bottle) and the opposite side is the gloss (Smaller pot).
Maquillage Rouge Enamel Glamour says ---
NEW Maquillage Rouge Enamel Glamour Moisturizes and plump the lips with 8 mouthwatering-shades!
Does not transfer to the cup or smudges when eating! Long-wearing 6 hours each application.
Contains hyaluronic acid, glycerin and Silicate.
AMW says ---Pros
- Once purchased, the product is well packaged so you know you are getting fresh, unused product.
- Comes with manufactured date.
- The brush applicator of the lip color is the best I've tried. Angled strategically to help spread lip color easily. The sponge does not disintegrate.
- The gloss part applicator is made of doe-shaped plastic, makes it easy to apply the gloss on top without wiping off the lip color.
- Once set, the lip color is budge-proof, the color stayed at least the whole day!
- The gloss looks nice, gives a lovely dimension on my lips without looking like I've an oily dish!
- The lip color glides on the lips smoothly without any friction!
- The lip gloss isn't thick and can moisturize dry lips.
- No weird scent.
- The lip color dries up dry lips (like mine) if applied without the gloss.
- Because of the super budge-proof quality, it's hard to remove this at the end of the day, need a good eyes and lips makeup remover!
- It settles in the lines on my lips on days that my lips are super dry.
- Very pricey for a lip product!
The budge proof quality is a huge pro! This is also the first for me to try a lip gloss that doesn't look unnatural! It's non-sticky and it gives a very nice dimension other lip gloss can't give!
- Apply the rouge first (larger bottle) first.
- Wait for a minute to dry (it may feel sticky at first, don`t rub)
- Apply gloss for a shiny, moisturzing finish!
- Always wipe the applicator after every use.
- If you want to apply more, apply the first layer of lip color first, wait for a couple of seconds before you add on another layer, or 3rd.
- Always wait for the product to "set" before you apply the gloss. This way, the lip color will stay longer!
- Gorgeous lips can apply the lip color by itself without the gloss for a super natural lip shade!
- If you are used to moisturizing your lips with a balm, always remember to blot your lips prior to lip color application, as the product may glide off and the "budge proof" quality of the lipstick may be wasted!
- Leaving the lip color for a long time without the gloss may make your lips crack, so always take the time to apply gloss if you have really dry lips.
No for myself yes for clients. I wouldn't mind using this on my brides who have moisturized lips to start with.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Brides or anyone who needed the long lasting lip color. I don't recommend this to people with dry lips.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Shiseido Counters for Php1,900.00 (approx $45.00).
The shade I own is
PK386 which is warm coral shade
with gold sheen
PK386 on applicator
Gloss on Plastic Applicator
Swatch on Hand
The top most part is PK386 lip color applied alone
Middle part is the gloss
Bottom is the lip color applied with gloss on top
Top: without Gloss
Top: without Gloss
Bottom: with Gloss
Ok, I do use this on days that my lips does not feel too dry! I can't seem to hate this product as it turns out so pretty! I just dislike this on days that my lips are dry and chapped! I should just dislike my lips overall! *laughs*
Have you tried Maquillage Rouge Enamel Glamour?
If not, have you tried any similar products?