If you are a long time reader of AMW, you'll probably know that I'm not into exfoliation as my skin tends to dry up. When Jennifer from SkinSonic Philippines contacted me to review the SkinSonic Skincare System, I was hesitant and told her I do not exfoliate my skin as much and I'm scared of using it as it could dry out my skin even more. Jennifer advised me that she is a loyal user of SkinSonic and she also suffers dry and sensitive skin and this system actually helped her skin and she's looking and feeling better.
Because of that statement, I finally accepted to challenge to give SkinSonic the test it deserves! I do not own the Clarisonic version so I cannot compare the two, all you can read from this post is my ultimate experience as I've tested this in different ways for me to be able to share my various experiences with you!
Unboxing the SkinSonic Sonic Skincare System
The kit includes ---
Sonic Device and Storage Cradle
Brush Head for Normal Skin
Brush Head for Sensitive Skin
"Skinsonic cleansing brushes are two times more effective than manual cleansing, and remove six times more makeup than manual cleansing, and remove six times more makeup than traditional cleansing. The system includes brushes for normal as well as for sensitive skin, and is safe even for skin affected by conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea and acne."
Exfoliation Applicator and Hydration Applicator
"Gently buff and polish away excess debris and dead skin cells to reveal younger and glowing skin beneath with exfoliation applicator which provides eight times more exfoliation than manual scrubbing with exfoliation applicators."
"Lift, sculpt, and tone facial muscles with Skinsonic toning applicators to rejuvenate sagging skin. Use the Skinsonic Skincare System with your favorite serums, moisturizers and scrubs to dramatically increase the efficacy of your current skincare routine."
2 Duracell Batteries
SkinSonic Skincare System says ---
The Skinsonic System oscillates back and forth at a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second. The Skinsonic works with the skin, not against it. Back and forth oscillating motion effectively cleans, clarifies and stimulates the skin.
The Skinsonic Skincare System does not pull and tug on the skin, and allows for a much deeper cleansing, exfoliation and penetration of serums and moisturizers.
Experience full benefits of serums and moisturizers with a 50% greater absorption of nutrients with Skinsonic hydration applicators.
AMW says ---Pros
- Very nice, easy grip system that's easy to use even while taking a shower. I also like the fact that this system comes with a base as compared to other sonic systems.
- User friendly and easy access on/off switch.
- Water-proof because of the black rubber.
- Easy to open and close to change batteries.
- The set comes with 5 attachments which I think is a great deal!
- Once used correctly, this cleanses the face way better than manual cleansing.
- I like the fact that they have brush heads for sensitive skin and it is very gentle on my sensitive skin. My skin did not dry out as expected.
- I actually saw a difference when it comes to breakouts, I do have tiny breakouts on the chin and forehead at least once a week or once every 2 weeks and so far, I find myself not breaking out as much anymore! (only during the time of the month).
- Skin feels super soft, smooth after cleansing.
- Skin does not feel tight or dry after washing!
- At first glance, you may think this system is expensive but it's not considering the amount of brush heads included and the quality of the sonic device.
- A bit hassle to change the heads, also pricey for others.
- Also hassle to wash the heads every now and then. (lazy bums who hates to deep cleanse their brushes may feel the same with cleansing the system.)
- It hurts a bit for the first few times no matter how gentle the pressure is.
After 2 long months of usage! It took me this long to review as I've tried using this system with different products and they all work nevertheless! I did the gradual usage of once a week down to daily use! So far, I've come to a conclusion that I like using this system the best when I have full make-up on as it really cleanse my face well and you can literally see makeup residue on brush heads!
My skin did not turn into the skin of a "Hollywood Actress" but I can definitely see the positive results of using one --- my skin has this healthy "glow" plus, I do not breakout as much!
Mr. AMW used only the brush for normal skin in this system, so far, he reacted the same way as I did, skin immediately feels cleaner!
- Start by using the product once a week increasing to twice a week, three times a week, every other day then daily use depending on your skin requirement and condition.
- Wash the brush heads, Exfoliation/Hydration applicator and Toning attachment at least once a week with a facial wash that you barely use. Wash the handset with warm, soapy water.
- It helps to wipe the system dry before you store the product.
- You can use an inexpensive case to store the system
- I like putting the SkinSonic heads upside down on a towel.
- If you apply makeup, remove makeup manually by hand using gentle makeup remover before you proceed with SkinSonic cleansing.
- Consult your doctor if you are under treatment or is allergic to certain products or regimen.
- Do not share the system heads with others.
- This system will never exchange the required Dermatology visit if you have skin conditions needed to be treated.
- Keep in mind to use the system only for 60 seconds.
- Never apply too much pressure as it will hurt your skin.
- Try to change your product if your skin starts to react negatively, start by using mild products. For the exfoliation, do not use exfoliating products that have huge particles.
Not the system but the heads!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the ultimate facial care experience at the comfort of your own home!
Where to purchase and how much?
The set can be bought locally via http://skinsonicphilippines.multiply.com/ for Php2,799 (approx $65.00). For more details, check out http://www.skinsonicphilippines.com/.
Who has tried a similar skincare system?
Do you think its vital for you?