Good day everyone! The first week of the year is almost over and I am very excited for my first makeup gig for the year this coming Saturday! :) Will share to you my experience of course!
Today, I will be sharing a review done by another family member! Oooohh I love how I'm turning my whole family into "mini" AMW reviewers!
Side story (as usual) before I start with the review, I got the Pure Beauty UV Whit Sun Protection Compact during an event when we were introduced with What's New at Watsons for the latter part of 2011. The sad part though, as I was fixing my stuff, the Pure Beauty UV White Sun Protection compact slipped through my hands and the rest was "crash..boom..bang!" history!
The next day, I visited a Watsons store and called my sister and asked what "beauty related" item she needs, she told me she's going for face powders and I immediately grabbed a new one as this isn't pricey at all for a Korean branded product.
Of course, the li'l sister have to ask..."So, big sis, how did the product work for you?"..then I share to you her thoughts!
Pure Beauty UV White Sun Protection Compact says ---Pure Beauty UV White Sun Protection Compact is SPF40 PA++
Made in Korea
AMW says (via AMW Sister) ---
Reviewer backgroundAge: Between 35-40years oldSkin condition: Combination (dry on cheeks, oily on t-zone)
- Simple compact with cover that serves as a barrier between sponge and powder.
- Sponge is made of good quality.
- Powder applies smoothly.
- Has SPF and its SPF40!
- Gives a natural, matte finish.
- Does not dry out the skin.
- Packaging can be refilled by either the same Pure Beauty refills (I am not sure if the refills are available locally) or any other brands as this pan is similarly shaped as other brands'.
- Inexpensive for a good product.
- Limited shades available. I don't remember if they have other shades available but they don't have shades for our darker skinned friends.
- Multiple retouching may be needed for super oily skin.
My sister loves to use the Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Powder and she told me this is even better! I guess the texture won her heart. Most powders come in a bit grainy but for this particular brand, it feels like creamy and soft yet it doesn't easily crack on pan!
- Wash the sponge even when newly purchased.
- Wash or change the sponge every now and then to prevent bacteria buildup.
- To use as setting powder, use a big fluffy brush and gently press the powder on areas that needed the oil control or shine removal.
- Never drop the compact and store them in cool, dry place.
- If you are like my sister and loves to do touch-ups midday, use a powder instead of powder foundation to prevent "cake-y" look.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone into retouching! My sister told me she retouches at least 4-5 times a day and this does not cake up on her!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Watsons Your Personal Care Stores for Php339.00/approx $9.00.
To those who can't connect how AMW sister looks like *laughs* she's going to kill me for posting her photo but I'm proud of her to do so and she's got nothing else to do but blame my mom for making me her sister! Just sharing to the world ---- I"m proud to be her sister :) Love you Tei! :)