I have always been in constant search for ways to have better looking hair! As commercials would say, "A woman's hair is her crowning glory." Believe it or not, it does make sense! Have you tried going to work in a good mood because you have good hair day? Don't you love it when someone mentions how nice your hair look today?
One of the many not-so-secret secret in taking care of your hair is by using a Clarifying Shampoo at least once a week! Do you really need it?
The answer varies, and... I DO!
I've once read an article on how clarifying shampoos are designed to remove hairstyling products residues from hair sprays, serums, gels, mousses even from your daily conditioner! I used to think that statement is just meant for marketing tactic and we really do not need one.
Until one day, when I
finally gave clarifying shampoo a try, it makes a huge difference!
Schwarzkopf Essensity Clarifying Shampoo
is the first clarifying shampoo I've tried
(feel free to try out other brands)
A closer look on the ingredients
I read that clarifying shampoos that contains Lauryl Sulfate is actually a safe yet super effective ingredients to help deep-cleanse your hair.
What I have noticed when I incorporated Clarifying Shampoo in my hair care regimen ---
- Hair feels softer and lighter!
- Hair looks surprisingly healthier.
- My hair is easier to style and my weekly hair treatment works much better after using a clarifying shampoo.
What you should do to make clarifying shampoos work ---
- Use at least once every 2 weeks if you don't use a lot of hairstyling products. Use once a week if you use products like hair serums, heat protective sprays or serums, hair coloring products etc..
- Concentrate on the roots as this is where most of the natural oil exists.
- Apply more conditioner or hair treatment after using clarifying shampoo as they tend to strip off excess oil which may make normal and dry hair a bit drier than usual.
- It is best to use clarifying shampoos before you do any hair treatment like hair coloring or perming!
- If you get itchy scalp or dandruff, STOP usage immediately!
Now, I wonder:
"Do you use/need clarifying shampoo?"
Let me know which brand are you using and if it works for you!