My UDL (Ultimate Dry Lips) is hopeless, I have found a lot of good lip products that works but "re-application" will always be the key to lip moisturization!
My brother, gifted me Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream last year and I stored it inside my "stock cabinet" and left it there for quite sometime as I was busy finishing up my existing 3 lip products that are scattered on "core" places inside my room.
One night, as I was watching a YT video of Lisa Eldridge, she mentioned about the "Eight Hour Cream" that she applied all over her lips and woke up with nice, soft and supple lips! I got off my bed right away and checked the "Elizabeth Arden" gift that brother gifted me --- Wow! I own one!!!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant says ---
The skincare classic that soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve chapped, cracked, dry skin. Soothes roughness, redness and minor skin irritations.
- Helps protect, soothe and moisturize skin.
- Soothes dry skin and provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Soothes and comforts minor weather burns, scrapes and abrasions.
Active ingredients: Petrolatum
AMW says ---Pros
- Tube, easy squeeze packaging making it hygienic and easy to use.
- Multi purpose, can be used on lips and other dry areas of your face or body.
- A little goes a long way.
- This is the only lip product that I use at night and woke up with the product still on lips!
- Lips feel better and lipstick can go smoothly the day after.
- As compared to Kiehl's lip balm, the price isn't bad considering the amount of product you get.
- Though this is an overall body skin protectant, this won't be comfortable to be used all over your body due to its waxy feel.
A wonderful product on lips and very dry areas!
- Apply with clean fingers.
- Can be applied on lips, dry patches on the face and body and on very dry cuticles.
- Once signs of irritations occur, STOP usage immediately.
- This can also be used as a cosmetic, apply this to tame brows or create "glossy" look especially on runway shows.
- It helps to exfoliate your lips with a damp toothbrush prior to application of this product for better healing.
- For matte lipstick lover, apply a good amount of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream on lips and proceed with your makeup application, blot your lips to reduce excess moisture with a tissue paper then apply your choice of matte lipstick with a lip brush.
Big Fat Yes! I bought an extra tube for clients who have extremely dry lips.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who have problems with dryness. This product is great for people who have extremely dry lips.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Elizabeth counter for Php1,450 (approx $34.00).
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Swatch
The usage, texture and the scent reminded me so much of my other favorite Lucas Papaw Ointment. The Eight Hour Cream's texture is smoother and tastes better.
Applied on lips, my lips are still dry but I can definitely feel it softer!
Thanks to my brother for always buying the right "stuff"! Before I end this post, I want to share to you what's written on the box ...
I agree, so please don't let anyone dampen your confidence because we are all created beautiful in our own unique ways! Nobody can say otherwise unless you let them! :)
Have you heard about Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant?
Would you give this product a try?