Do you love the long-lasting quality of a cream blusher but dislikes how it's harder to blend than regular powder blush?
Shu Uemura, surprisingly, came up with a cute blush called Creamy Dome Blusher under the Shu Uemura's Celestial Garden Collection! I've always known Shu Uemura as a brand who makes colorful yet seriously packaged products but this is something unique and worth the second look!
Read my review and see if it's worth to splurge on this product!
The color I got is Fairy Pink
Shu Uemura Creamy Dome Blusher says ---
Dome shaped blusher in a silky cream texture which glides smoothly on your face, you can easily create a natural gradation by tapping on your cheeks.
Size: 8.5g, 0.299 oz.
Made in Korea
Good for 24 months after open
Shades: Fairy Pink and Sunlight Peach
AMW says ---Pros
- Super cute packaging with clear plastic top making it easy to see the shade right away.
- Fragrance free
- Though the name states "creamy dome blusher" the product is so easy to dab/apply and it does not create streaks on cheeks.
- Glides on smoothly and very easy to blend.
- Finishes up in powder form so even oily skinned individuals can use this!
- Build-able shade.
- Limited edition and usually out of stock! (locally)
- Not too long lasting as compared to other cream based blusher.
- I've read that once the "dome" gets flat, you can twist the packaging for the product to come out but I can't seem to do mine :(
Though there are a whole lot of cream blushers out there, this one from Shu Uemura is quite unique in terms of its texture --- non-powdery to look at, easier to apply than regular cream blush and it finishes off in a powder form wherein "setting" isn't needed. Definitely lasts longer than regular powdered blush but not as long as regular cream blushers are cheek tints.
- Apply on top of your foundation.
- Use a dabbing motion if you prefer a super natural look.
- Apply directly with a sweeping motion for a heavier blushed look and blend with your fingers, brush or sponge.
- If you are a makeup artist and plan to use this on clients, apply with a sponge or foundation brush instead of applying the product directly on client's cheeks for hygiene.
- To choose the right shade for you, try on testers before you purchase.
- If you prefer a sparkly, shiny finish, you can always top the Shu Uemura Creamy Dome Blusher with your favorite shimmery blush.
- Give Shu Uemura branches a call before you head on and purchase as they are usually out of stock.
Yes! I got discount coupons from the YUME Advanced Class over the weekend so I'll get the other shade!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the natural look of a cream blusher minus the hassle of application and the oily feel.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Shu Uemura boutique for Php1,500 (approx $34.00).
Fairy Pink Swatched on hand
Matte colored blusher that has a hint of peach against my warm undertone
Applied Fairy Pink on both cheeks
with dabbing motion
No eye makeup in this photo as my eyes were tired from the Advanced Makeup class I've attended over the weekend :)
Would you splurge out Php1,500 for a limited edition Creamy Dome Blusher from Shu Uemura?
I would as I find this very convenient to use and I can just re-apply anytime of the day without worrying much on "setting it".