Lipstick, Lipgloss --- all beauty enthusiasts know the difference.
But what is an "Almost Lipstick"?
Ah ha! That got your attention! :) Before I blab on this new product that I recently stumbled upon, GOOD MORNING!!!! *insert huge, crazy-looking smile here*
I have recently read a wonderful review from My Women Stuff regarding this lip product from Clinique, you can check out her wonderful review HERE. Her review made me open mind right away to test it out! Here's my "awesome" thoughts on the said product. (Yes, I had to include the "awesome" word just to make me feel good today! hehehe)
Come on, dreaming is Free! :D
Clinique Almost Lipstick says ---
- A glossy, ultra-light lipstick.
- Not quite a gloss, and not quite a lipstick, this transparent formula merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create a look that's all your own. Its sheer, emollient-rich formula glides on for easy layering.
AMW says ---Pros
- Simple, silver colored tube that screams Clinique!
- Applies smoothly on lips.
- Looks very natural.
- Has a nice hint of shine.
- Gives a nice, even, healthy tone to your lips.
- NO PARABENS!
- Moisture is not enough for EXTREMELY dry lips like yours truly.
Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Shy Honey is a very sheer lip color that has a tiny hint of baby pink to it.
- Pigmented lips may go for different shades available!
- To create a more natural color, you can apply your choice of lip liner all over lips then top with Clinique's Almost Lipstick. (My favorite is the Clinique's Chubby Stick underneath to lessen lines around my lips. It's a dream combination in my dictionary!)
- Always store in cool, dry place.
- Wipe the tip of the lipstick once in a while.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, but other shades.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Shy Honey is for young girls who may want to start on lipstick (not tinted lip balms) yet, wants to maintain the natural-looking color. This is also for adults who likes the natural pigmentation of their lips but just wants to enhance it with a nice glow and moisture. I call this lipstick "Your lips but even better". :)
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Clinique counters for Php1,100.00 (approx $25.50).
Swatch and Product Shots
Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Shy Honey on Tube
Looks like cotton candy pink! So girly and young-looking!
Swatch on Hand
A very soft, sheer wash with hint of shine
Applied on my super dry lips!
It almost came out nothing but as seen on the after photo (below) it gives a nice shine and did add up a bit of moisture.
Have you tried Clinique's Almost Lipstick?
Which shade are you currently using and do you like/dislike it?
(Product sent for PR purpose. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)