I do hair at times and I have to admit, I enjoy it a lot! Given the chance, I wouldn't mind doing both hair and makeup on my clients but it really depends on how many "heads" I have to do!
It won't be a surprise to see an area for makeup and an area for hair stuff in my room (sorry Mr. AMW, I'm turning our room into a girly pad! lol) Aside from makeup, I search high and low for good hair products to lug with me if I need to do hair for clients, just like makeup, I make sure to bring out the best!
One of the brand that doesn't fail (but pricey) is from TIGI! Bed Head products are great especially their curl boosters, hair sprays and mousse. There's one unique product that recently came out in the market called Headrush! The name is so unique and I'm so excited to try this!
Bed Head says ---A lightweight aerosol supershine mist that gives explosive shine for immaculate, healthy looking hair.
Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Copolycol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk.
Fragrance: Light Citrus
Net Wt.: 5.3 oz. 200ml
AMW says ---Pros
- Spray type packaging that's easy to use.
- Hair feels soft, smooth and very silky after use.
- Hair has a "glossy", shiny look.
- Never feels heavy on hair.
- Scent could get a bit too overwhelming. It's okay for me but not okay for everyone.
- Easy to finish up the product as compared to serum.
There will be an instant gratification upon using this product as you see the shiny and glossy hair immediately after application. The downside is how quickly you can finish up a can and of course, the price!
- Best to spray all over dry hair, after blow dry or flat iron.
- If you use products such as this on your hair, it helps to use clarifying shampoo once a week to prevent product build up.
- Try not to spray inside an enclosed room as the scent could get a bit overwhelming.
- Spraying all over the hair with a circular motion then gently brush with a paddle brush for an immediate shine.
- Store product in cool, dry place.
Yes. For clients.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the "instant" shine without messing their hands and are willing to shell out huge amount of money. I strongly recommend hairstylists to invest on this especially if most of their gigs are for photoshoots! This gives an instant boost of shine on hair which is great for photography!
Where to purchase and how much?
At the following salons for Php1,720.00 (approx $40.00) ---
- Basement Rockwell, Shangri-La and Eastwood
- Emphasis Rockwell
- Essensuals Megamall, Trinoma and 6750
- Henri Calayag
- Studio 546
- TIGI Main Office at Onyx Road, Pasig
After spraying Bed Head Headrush all over
Any other inexpensive alternative out there?
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)