I used to have very thick, dark brows when I was growing up. My sister used to laugh at me and call me "Blusang Itim" (a Filipino movie starring Snooky Serna who has very distinct, bushy brows!) *laughs*
It wasn't a surprise that I took my time and effort taking care of my brows the moment I reached the "right age" to apply makeup! I was a bit too late, it was when I graduated college as it was required to look at least presentable working in an Airlines.
Decades after, here I am still giving the importance of having a good set of brows that complements the face! It was our Seoul trip that I realized I was addicted to brow products! I went home with 10 brow pencils (okay, 12 to be exact!) and mind you, it was all meant for me! :P
If you are an eyebrow enthusiast like me! Lucky you! You'll find random brow products that I will review here just because I am biased to them!
And here's one from MAC!
MAC Automatic Eye Brow Pencil in Brunette
MAC says ---
Self-propelling, self-sharpening, brow defining. Confidently adds what you need: shape, color, density in one streamlined tool. Like a pen, creates its own just-right point. Provides definition, shape, deepens/fills in color. Creates striking arches. Easy to tote around. No sharpener needed.
Size: 0.09 g / 0.003 oz
Shades: Brunette, Fling, Lingering, Spiked, Strut and Stud
AMW says ---
- Automatic eye brow pencil, no sharpening needed.
- Shape is perfect to create the perfect "hair strands"
- Very natural to look at.
- No smudging.
- Stays the whole day! Re-application is not needed.
- Even without sharpening, the pencil comes out perfect each time to fill in brows without looking stubby or fake!
- You cannot see when the pencil is running out as you can only twist it upwards, it cannot retract.
Given that you picked the right shade for you, the effect will always natural to look at and it stays the whole day! Easy to apply and works well for first time users!
- Apply using light hand strokes!
- Groom brows with a brow brush afterwards for a more natural effect.
- If you have dark brows and light hair color, do not forget to invest on a brow tint or brow gel.
- If you're a first time eye brow pencil user, ask the S.A. to help you apply or teach you the best brow shape that suits your face.
Yes! I have repurchased the same color for my makeup kit.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Individuals who want to define, fill or thicken their brows.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at local MAC Cosmetics stores in Rustan's Shangri-la Mall, Glorietta 2 Makati, Powerplant Mall, SM Mall of Asia, Eastwood Grand Mall, Trinoma, Ayala Center Cebu for Php900.00 (approx $20.90).
A swatch on Brunette
With my personal observation, Brunette is almost similar to Blonde shade if compared to Korean branded eye brow pencils! Not too red or too ashy, it has a warm golden brown shade that works well for girls with light colored hair!
Filling in my brows and changing the shape is easy with the MAC Automatic Eye Brow Pencil! All I need to do is use my favorite tinted brow gel to lighten up my brows!
Are you currently using an eyebrow pencil?
Which brand and shade and are you happy with it?
I alternately use brow powders or brow pencils depending on my mood! If I'm in a rush, I always pick brow pencils as I find it easier to apply and finish up with my choice of brow gel!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")