I have blogged about using a sponge in facial cleansing in the past as one tiny secret to gorgeous looking skin! Do you still remember? Or have you totally forgotten about it? *raises eyebrow* :P
Well, after purchasing commercial facial sponge for quite some time, I finally get to try the sponge that received raves on various online sites!
My Konjac Sponge
The sponge is said to be made in the island of Jeju in Korea and because our Korean friends have great looking skin, it is normal for us living in neighboring countries to try to get a bit of tips and tricks from them!
My Konjac Sponge is a teardrop-shaped sponge that's already moist even upon purchase. I love to use the slimmer tip to gently cleanse the sides of my nose and chin while the wider portion is used for my cheeks and forehead.
Does it really work?
Konjac says ---
Konjac is reputed for its health giving properties and naturally moisture, rich plant fiber, which is, has alkaline in nature, and thus balances the acidity of the skins impurities and oil.
Excellent for babies and for all skin types. Gentle enough for those with eczema and sensitive skin.
- 100% natural
- 100% coloring free
- 100% biodegradable
- Very delicate and soft against the skin.
- Works for all skin types!
- I can use this on its own even without facial wash and so far, I didn't have any breakouts.
- Skin feels softer and smoother.
- Skin never felt tight or dry.
- It cleanses my skin and removes dirt and oil. (Re-dipping my sponge to the water, I can see some color change in the water that probably came from makeup and dirt.)
- As soon as I wake up in the morning, skin looks fresh and doesn't feel oily or dry.
- Instead of regular facial cleansing wherein you just use your hands, the My Konjac Sponge needs to be sanitized once a month! Personally, it's okay for me but others may find this tedious! (check tips on how to do so)
Because of my pregnancy hormones, I can't seem to use any facial cleanser as I feel like throwing up each time I wash my face. I find this the best time to test the sponge on its own, I've used the Konjac Sponge by just adding warm water and gently massage my face in circular motion, I survived 3 full weeks without facial wash and my skin didn't breakout!
- Please do not cut the string that's attached to the sponge, it is used for hanging the sponge after use.
- The sponge is best hang in a well-ventilated area for air drying after every use.
- Once a month, place the Konjac Sponge in a bowl of water and steam it in microwave for 2 minutes.
- I prefer soaking the sponge in lukewarm water as it feels more relaxing.
- If you prefer to continue using your facial cleanser, apply facial cleanser all over face and gently massage your face with the Konjac Sponge.
- My Konjac Sponge is good for 3-4 months.
- Please do not expect the sponge the magically make all your pimples disappear! Sometimes, the hormones may play a huge role and of course, you still need the right skincare products suited for your skin.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Everyone! Facial cleansing is always better with a sponge!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at www.updatedtrends.multiply.com for Php365.00 (approx $8.50).
I can now say goodbye to my regular sponge!
L- My Konjac Sponge
R- Regular facial sponge
Do you use facial sponge during cleansing?
If yes, do you feel any difference from using your hands?
Personally, I've seen a huge difference! My skin feels cleaner after every wash!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)