7 days left before Christmas!!! Are you excited? I can't wait for the Christmas break (even for a day!) and I can't wait to spend this special day with my families!
Over the weekend, I finally took the time to put "shopping" on my schedule and I'm glad I did! It was super tiring for me (so many "pit stops" in between) but definitely fulfilling!
One of the many "wished" Christmas gift by my fellow makeup enthusiasts is... a good lipstick! Even without much makeup on, a perfect shade of lipstick can give you an overhaul! (Local readers, imagine Anne Curtis! I always see her without makeup on just her bright red lipstick!) We should all have a dependable lipstick inside our bag for that instant glam we deserve!
As for me, I've found one that I think a lot of you would be interested in.
The Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick
Shade on spotlight today: True Pink
Bobbi Brown says ---
Bobbi's revolutionary new lipstick - Creamy Matte Lip Color combines the look of a classic matte lip with incredible wearability. Creamy and moisturizing, it glides on comfortably and feels light-as-air. Not to mention that it's got staying power, too (it won't budge for 8 hours). Inspired by the looks she was creating for Fashion Week, Bobbi set out to develop the perfect color range, everything from nudes to brights to bolds. We're pretty sure you'll want more than one color.
AMW says ---
- The shade True Pink works for all skin tone and suits daily use.
- The lipstick is matte yet very creamy.
- Pigmentation is really good.
- Doesn't feel heavy on lips.
- No scent.
- For girls who suffer from super dry lips, this product can still cause some flaking or dryness. (As it goes to all matte lipsticks.)
- To some, price.
Creamy, true-matte lipstick shade that stays longer than other brands of lipstick.
- Moisturize your lips with your preferred lip balm, pat with a tissue paper to remove excess oil before lipstick application.
- If your lips tend to flake after lipstick application, apply with a patting motion instead.
- If you plan to use a lip brush, apply with light hand to prevent flaking.
- Where this lipstick alone or you can always top this with a lip gloss for extra shine.
- Since this lipstick lasts long, you can use this as a "base" to make any of your lipstick last longer!
- Mixing various shades may create a newer lip color that suits you! Be creative!
To whom do I recommend this to?
The shade True Pink works for any skin tone but would flatter yellow undertone the best!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally for Php1,350.00 (approx $33.75). Bobbi Brown counters can be found in Rustan’s Makati (812-2507), Rustan’s Shangri-La (633-4636 loc 114) and Rockwell Essenses (822-9400). Like them on Facebook.
Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick in True Pink swatch
Applied on bare, non-moisturized lips
bottom: applied a layer of True Pink directly from tube
Applied a second layer directly from tube, since I didn't use the patting motion and my lips were super dry to begin with, there will be some flaking as seen on photo below, this happens to me for ALL matte lipsticks, not only this brand. The best way for me to be able to use this on a daily basis is by applying with a patting motion after moisturizing my lips with my favorite Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream.
Have you tried any Bobbi Brown Lipsticks?
Which shade do you own and do you like using it?
So far, most Bobbi Brown Lipsticks that I own do not fail me in terms of color and pigmentation! I've also purchased some of my favorite shades to include them in my makeup train case.