When I get to celebrate Benefit Philippines' First Year Anniversary, one nifty product that was passed around for everyone to try was called "Fine One One".
"Fine One What?"
Jane Kingsu-Cheng, my schoolmate and friend, also a blogger whispered: "Fine One One, just like 911!".
AHhhhh....what does this "emergency" thing does?
I asked Ms. Tiffany, Training Manager of Benefit, to show me how the product is used and I have to admit, it amazed me on its "easy-to-use" packaging alone!
At that time, Benefit's Fine One One isn't available yet and I was told to wait another month to be able to get my hands on them! Trust me, this good girl waited...and waited....
Finally! I got my own instant "Lift, Shape and Pop" shades!
Fine-one-one to the rescue! This sheer brightening cheek & lip color gives your look instant LIFT, SHAPE and POP. Glide on the three shades—pink champagne, sheer watermelon and soft coral—for a sheer coral pink flush that builds from soft & natural to bright & cheery.
Net Weight: 8.0 g/0.28 oz
Ingredients: TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, POLYETHYLENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, OCTYLDODECANOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, POLYMETHYLMETHACRYLATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, SQUALANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BENZOIC ACID, CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), BHT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL.
AMW says ---
- Cute packaging making it easy to tote around for touch-ups.
- Works anytime, anywhere, without extra tools needed.
- Comes in 3 shades: Pink Champagne, Sheer Watermelon and Soft Coral.
- Applies smoothly on cheeks. Doesn't leave the cheeks dry or oily.
- Gives a nice "contour" and "highlight" in the most subtle way.
- Very easy to apply.
- Pigmentation is build-able.
- Could be drying when applied on lips. (if lips not moisturized well.)
- Not as long-wearing as other cream blushes.
- As a makeup artist, I find it difficult to use on clients for hygiene purpose. (if you must, read tips below.)
Out of all the cream blushes I own, this is by far, one of the easiest cream blush to blend! I don't have to worry about streaks on my cheeks as the Benefit Fine One One glides on cheeks easily. The creamy texture makes my cheeks moisturized but never oily.
- Glide from the apple of your cheek to your temple.
- Blend with fingertips in an upward circular motion.
- Best applied straight from tube. Pink Champagne (lightest shade) is best applied on the cheekbones for a nice, subtle highlight.
- Blend both Sheer Watermelon and Soft Coral with your clean fingers and apply on your lips for a natural lip color.
- Pink Champagne can be used on its own to highlight the bridge of your nose, the brow bone and your upper lip.
- Benefit Fine One One is best applied after skincare (if you are not using any liquid/cream foundation) then set with your choice of powdered face powder.
- Benefit Fine One One can be applied after liquid/cream foundation and set with a translucent powder.
- Store the product in cool, dry place. The product is very creamy and may melt easily.
- After swiping product directly on the apples of the cheeks with an upward motion, blend the "obvious" edges with clean fingers.
- For makeup artists out there, if you plan to use this product on clients, use a sponge or brush to apply, or if you must apply it straight from tube, make sure to disinfect the top portion by using wipes.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Fair to medium skin tone. Individuals with dark skin tone may still use this but may need to swipe the product multiple times for the product to show up.
Benefit Fine One One is best used by people who suffer from dry, normal and combination skin. Oily skinned individuals may still use this but needs oil-control primer underneath.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit counters for Php1,700.00 (approx $42.50). LIKE Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook to get updated on Sales and events. Follow Benefit Philippines on Twitter (@BenefitBeautyPH) At Benefit international website for $30.00 (without tax).
Benefit Fine One One
Pink Champagne, Sheer Watermelon and Soft Coral on Tube
Pink Champagne, Sheer Watermelon and Soft Coral on Tube
Applied once on clean hand
All the shades blended using my fingers
Benefit Fine One One Application (AMW Way)
I start at the apples of my cheeks applying upward in a diagonal angle as shown on photo below.
Here's how it would look upon first layer application.
Since I want to create a nice, subtle dimension on my face, I do a gentle "tapping" motion to clear out harsh edges. This trick is best done if you plan to maintain the highlight, the blush shade and the contour shade.
To create a different blush shade, blend all 3 shades well with fingers, brush or sponge.
I enjoy using the lightest shade (Pink Champagne) for extra highlighting powers! I swear I am in love with highlighting products as it gives my skin an instant "glow" and lift! (Fake Facial Anyone?)
Blending the 2 shades Sheer Watermelon and Soft Coral with my clean finger then applied directly on my lips. Feel free to use the lightest color Pink Champagne and apply it at the center of your lips to appear fuller.
AMW Face of the Day
Products used ---
Tears Eyebrow Pencil
Benefit Fine One One applied on cheeks and lips
Revlon Age Defying 2 Way Foundation Powder in Buff
Have you seen Benefit Fine One One in stores or online?
Would you give this product a try?
Since I'm subscribed to Benefit You Tube account, I've seen the cute video of Fine One One and it immediately got my attention right away. It must be the combination of highlighting shades and 2 cute blush shades that stirred my attention. I'm glad I like it and for once, I'm keeping this inside my kit! Sorry clients, I'll be selfish! *tee hee*
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")