As a makeup artist, I have invested on single eyeshadow from various brands and never really take my time to play on quads or palettes! Though I'm a fan of "anything pink", I've never thought of wearing pink shadows as I find them too "young" and "girly" for me!
Last year, I got the Maybelline Eye Studio Lumineyes Illuminating Eyeshadow in pink and I stored this inside my makeup kit for my super young clients (ex. Flower girls, etc...) After receiving various requests from my younger readers on an affordable, good quality eyeshadow for them to use, I picked this particular palette and gave this a try!
The palette comes in various shades of pinks!
Comes with the first-ever illuminating color-control primer now introduces 4 brand new palettes into the family
The result? Dazzling party-perfect shades that last longer, appear more even, and illuminate the eyes.
AMW says ---
- The quality of the packaging is good.
- Has direction at the back on how to apply the shadows.
- Most palettes come with 4 eyeshadow shades, this one, you get 5!
- The sponge applicator can be used multiple times and quality is also good.
- Decent pigmentation without primer on.
- All the shades match no matter how you use it. (Whether 2 shades, 3 shades or even 5 shades!)
- Blends easily.
- Thankfully, there's none of the glittery shades included in this palette.
- Some of the shadows do not appear much on lid without primer underneath.
- Color may wear off especially if you have oily lids.
- No matte shade available in this palette.
Pigmentation is okay, not so good but not bad either. The colors are blend-able and easy to use with other eyeshadow shades. The palette comes with a nice highlighting shade too!
- Best used with primer underneath for colors to pop and eyeshadow to last longer.
- Use the sponge tip applicator for more pigmented application.
- Do not forget to blend well with a fluffy eyeshadow brush to blur out harsh lines.
- If you use all the shades in this palette, stay away from using pink blush and pink lipstick, the overall effect maybe too much too handle!
- Line your eyes with a dark black gel liner to give a nice contrast between girly and drama!
Yes, in other shades.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php599.00 (approx $14.96). Like Maybelline Philippines on Facebook.
Diagram on How to Apply at the back of the palette
Maybelline Studio Lumineyes Illuminating Eyeshadow in WN-1
Step 2: Using the 2nd to the darkest shade, I applied this to contour my eyes.
Step 4: With the lightest pink shade, I tapped a bit of the product at the center of my eyelid.
Step 5: With my favorite white illuminating powder, I applied this at the inner corners of my eyes.
Eye makeup done without primer on
The effect may be too pink for you, don't forget to apply your choice of liner and feel free to wing it for more drama!
Have you tried any of the Maybelline Eyeshadow Palettes?
How was the experience?
Out of all the eyeshadow palettes that I have tried from the said brand, this is definitely a huge improvement in terms of pigmentation and the way it is easier to blend as compared to the older version.
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")