One of the most awaited, "wanting to get my hands on" products early this year is the newest Benefit Fake up! Why? Well, don't we all love the power of concealers but dislikes the drying effect it gives especially on the under eye area? I've been searching high and low for hydrating concealers not only for myself but for clients in general! I have a good amount of clients who needed the extra concealing on the under eye area but most concealers I used tend to crease on them! What do I do? I mix my favorite concealers with an oil-free eye moisturizer and it's an extra step I do for the love of beauty!
As for today's generation, shooting 2 birds in one stone is the real deal! Finally, someone thought of a product that moisturizes the under eye area and conceals altogether! Isn't that a lovely "Eureka Moment?"
Fake Up looks just like a regular lipstick (slightly bigger packaging). The concealer itself is located at the center with a huge chunk of moisturizer surrounding the concealer. Care to read further down for my thoughts before you get all excited? :P
the concealer is in the center with a translucent solid serum surrounding it. - See more at: http://www.beautezine.com/benefit-fake-up-concealer-review-photos-swatches/#sthash.ILYA0q4P.dpuf
Benefit says ---
Cover-up goes incognito! This hydrating crease-control concealer - with Vitamin E & apple seed extract - hides dark circles & diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, it’s proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!
Shades: Light, Medium and Dark
3.5g Net wt. 0.12 oz
Ingredients: (taken from Benefit Website)
AMW says ---
- Twist lipstick-type tube making it easy to use and tote for travel.
- Hydrating enough and concealer definitely doesn't settle on fine lines and wrinkles.
- Gives a healthy, natural finish.
- Eye area looks brighter and naturally more alive.
- Feels light on skin.
- No weird scent.
- Has Vitamin E and Apple Seed Extract giving extra boost to your under eye area.
- Light to medium coverage. People with super dark under eye circle may find this product too "weak" for them. (kindly read tips below on which product to go for.)
- Oily-skinned individuals may find this product a bit too slippery and hydrating for them, thus concealer tends to slide off.
Very hydrating, gives light to medium coverage perfect for the under eye area.
- If you have really dark under eye circles and needed heavy duty concealer coverage, go for Boi-ing or Erase paste.
- Benefit Fake Up is a bit moisturizing for it not to slide midday, I highly recommend setting it with your choice of powder. Product will stay longer using this technique.
- Though I highly recommend Fake Up to be used only on the under eye area, you can feel free to use the Dark shade as a contouring product (if the color works for you), the hydrating balm is great to create a very natural look.
- Out of all the ways I tried to apply this concealer, applying product straight from the tube to your under eye area is the best and gently pat with your clean fingers. This way, the moisturizing balm "sets in" the lines around your eyes making it less noticeable.
- For more coverage, after dabbing the product directly from tube, grab a bit more of the concealer using a concealer brush and apply more if needed.
- If you have discolorations on your under eye circles, try the Benefit Perk Up Artist Custom Complexion Correctors.
Yes. For personal use and for my dry-skinned clients.
To whom do I recommend this to?
People with dry under eye areas, mature-skinned individuals or anyone with minimal eye darkness who needs a sheer yet 'brightening" coverage.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit counters for Php1,600 (approx $40.00) LIKE Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook to get updated on Sales and events. Follow Benefit Philippines on Twitter (@BenefitBeautyPH)
A closer look on 02 Medium
Total amount of product you get on a tube.
Applied straight from tube to the back of my hand.
02 Medium is a perfect shade for me.
Blends in and disappears in no time!
The area looks more hydrated as well with the added balm.
For personal use, I enjoy applying this product straight from the tube all over my under eye area.
With my clean finger, I gently pat the product to "set in". I can always stand back against the mirror and apply more as needed, the product will never crease or define the lines under the eye area. The product never looks chalky or dry.
Since I am on a "dry skin" side, I can leave the product and go with my daily routine. If you have oily, normal or combination skin, I highly recommend to 'set' Fake Up with your choice of powder foundation or setting powder.
Before and After shot
Gives a very natural coverage and the effect look quite natural and never dry.
Do you think Benefit Fake Up is the concealer for your under eye problems?
With my not-so-dark under eye circles and dry skin, I actually prefer to use this on a daily basis due to its lightweight finish. On days I needed more coverage, I would definitely pick my favorite Erase Paste mixed with my favorite eye cream.
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")