Do you need to hide those redness and under eye circles and need some boost on your complexion but too lazy to reach out for 3 products in the morning? Well, I'm glad to share that Benefit came up with Perk Up Artist! The first time I saw the product, I couldn't put my finger on what this product was until I opened the lid! Come on, you tell me, without reading the description, would you know what this product does??? :P
(Photo below) I have this wild imagination of a portable jukebox playing 1950's song as soon as I open the lid *laughs* Okay, since he's holding a brush, he COULD be an artist, a painter...or a crazy guy right at the corner of our neighborhood! :P
Upon checking the "inside" of the crazy packaging, I find butterflies and sunshine! Such a huge contrast from the packaging, the inside shows professional corrector, concealer and a brightener. Everything a girl needs to look "human" each day!
The overall look was great! There's a huge, clear mirror, a corrector, concealer and brightener each have a protective flip top lid for extra protection. Oh, it also comes with a mini double sided concealer/corrector brush. I tell you, you may not want to close the lid after opening the "Pandora's box".
Benefit says ---
Perk it…then work it! This portable complexion correcting kit has everything you need to correct, cover & brighten.
Correct: Disguise redness & discoloration with the creamy yellow neutralizer.
Cover: Hide dark circles, imperfections and blemishes with the beige concealer.
Brighten: Turn tired eyes into big, bright eyes with the perky pink shade.
Size: 3 x 1.5 g net wt. 3 x 0.05 oz
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyethylene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, BHT. [+/-: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N° 06680/A.
AMW says ---
- Unique, eye-catchy packaging.
- Each comes with a protective flip top lid which keeps product fresh and not exposed each time you use the mirror.
- Comes with mini instruction card for first time users.
- Very creamy and easy to apply.
- Doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
- Build-able coverage. From sheer to medium-full coverage.
- Multifunctional. 3-in-1 product.
- Can be mixed to suit each individual's needs.
- Oily skinned individuals (who doesn't use primer underneath) may not appreciate this, due to its creamier formulation, may slide off midday.
- Sheer, tricky to apply for people who suffer from obvious marks and spots.
- The guy in the packaging could be a "con" to some but I find him funny and weird and ahm..perky! :P
- Only a shade available, this palette works for fair to medium skin tone.
Portable, easy to use even for first-timers, does a good job concealing, correcting and brightening for people without much skin problems.
- This palette is meant for daily use, if you're looking for heavy coverage, go for Lemon Aid, Erase Base, Boi-ing.
- Though the brush is okay to "pick up product" for hygiene purpose, I prefer using my fingers during application for a more even coverage.
- Less is more, but in terms of correcting and concealing, MORE may be needed for medium to medium-full coverage.
- Patting motion is very important.
- To prevent product from sliding off (for people with oily skin), use a primer underneath.
- To prevent product from creasing (for people suffering from dry skin), pat the dry area with your choice of oil-free moisturizer.
- Scroll down on photo tutorial on how to use all 3 products.
No. I own too much correctors and concealers at the moment.
To whom do I recommend this to?
For normal/combination skin who likes light to medium coverage that's lightweight. Also great for people with a good set of concealers and correctors but needs to "touch-up" midday. This is a great product for touch-ups in my humble opinion as you can pile this product on top of your favorite makeup and they never crease!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit counters for Php2,000 (approx $50.00) LIKE Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook to get updated on Sales and events. Follow Benefit Philippines on Twitter (@BenefitBeautyPH) At Benefit international website for $30.00 (without tax).
A closer look on Correct, Cover and Bright (L-R)
Though I hail these 3 shades as the sheer versions of Benefit's Lemon Aid (correct), Boi-ing (Cover) and Eye Bright (Bright), keep in mind that these aren't advertised as so but it's just a personal comparison. These are definitely the sheerer, more moisturized versions of the products mentioned above and are meant for daily use.
Swatch on all 3 products
top to bottom: correct, conceal and bright
The double-sided mini concealer brush that works well to grab product from packaging and transfer to skin.
Application technique for Correct
Most makeup artists would go for green concealers to correct redness around the face but for Benefit's way, yellow works just as fine. I was a bit wary at first but after using this shade to cover the redness on the sides of my nose and cheeks, it does the job minimizing the look of redness especially after topping it with my choice of foundation or the "Cover" concealer that comes in the palette.
With a patting motion, I also applied some of the "correct" product on the red spots around my cheeks.
Application technique for Cover
The shade cover is perfect for my under eye circles! The shade matches my skin tone perfectly so I can get away using this and patting with a translucent setting powder and I'm set to go for a very minimal makeup look! I find this "Cover" concealer to be moisturizing enough that I can skip eye cream application (for test purpose) and it never settles into the lines around my eyes.
Oily skinned individuals may need to set this product immediately with powder to prevent product from sliding off midday!
Application technique for BrightIf you find Benefit's Eye Bright to be a bit too much for you on a daily basis, the sheerer formulation of the Bright cream is perfect for a very subtle "glow". I prefer applying this at the inner and outer corners of my eyes, the brow bone area....
The bride of my nose and even the cupid's bow (curve of the upper lip) will make a HUGE impact!
AMW wearing all 3 products from Benefit Perk Up Artist Palette,
set with a sheer translucent powder
What are your thoughts on Benefit's Perk Up Artist Palette?
Would you spend your money on this product or go for individuals?
Before I end this post, I got an email from Benefit Philippines ---
"Brace yourself for a sizzling treat as Benefit Cosmetics' welcomes Summer with a fabulous FLASH SALE on March 22, Friday at our Greenbelt 5 boutique! Hurry, selected items up to 50% off! Plus get an early access to our Great Hydrating Concealer - Fakeup 10 days before the on counter launch" --- Benefit Philippines