When you put 3 S's after the word STAY, you know they mean business!
When I unboxed my second Glamourbox last January, one of the many items that caught my attention is a brand called Beauty Wawa New York Lip Staysss. I originally thought it was just a regular tinted lip balm but boy was I wrong! Let me tell you why as you scroll further down!
The packaging reminded me of my first tinted lip balm from Maybelline!
Shade: Baby Pink
Lip Staysss says ---
Lip Staysss semi-permanent lip balm doesn’t bleed, feather, or rub off – and the staying power is 50% greater than any other lipstick in town.
They last through drinks or greasy meals and even heal, hydrate and moisturise your lips at the same time. Made of 100% natural quick drying liquid, you will never feel you have it on.
AMW says ---
- Very cute packaging.
- Easy to tote along for retouch.
- Product glides on lips like a lip balm.
- Color stays the whole day!
- Pigmentation is good especially after more than 2 applications.
- Doesn't bleed nor feather.
- Product doesn't transfer much on your cup or mug as compared to regular lipstick.
- If not applied correctly or retouching isn't done correctly, you'll get very thick, uneven looking-lips.
- Not widely available.
- Difficult to remove, need extra step of using a gentle makeup remover to remove the product before you go to sleep.
One of the best long-lasting lip product that's non-drying.
- Apply once and let it sit for a couple of minutes before re-applying. The color darkens as time passes by.
- To prevent lips from looking like you came from a "torrid kissing" session, blot off Lip Staysss prior to re-application.
- I prefer using this product only ONCE a day and use regular lip balm or lip gloss for retouch to control the color that I want!
- Take time to remove Lip Staysss by using a gentle eye and lip makeup remover.
- For better-looking lips, apply this product using a lip brush for more defined lips! Once I tried applying without looking at the mirror and husband was surprised how bright and messy my lips look even from afar! Worst??? I can't seem to remove the excess lip color without makeup remover!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who are lazy for lipstick retouch and wants their lipstick to stay from drinking and eating!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Glamourbox website for Php410.00 (approx $10.25). International readers may check out official website HERE, product available at Watsons and Sasa in other countries.
Product comes with expiration date which I appreciate!
The amount of lip product you get! Not much but a little goes a long way!
Before and After Photo
Applied KJI and CO Lip Staysss on lips once without lip balm or lip gloss
Because of my super dry lips, the product may settle into my lip lines if applied with heavy hand. That's why I prefer using a lip brush so I can control the "pressure" during application.
Have you found your semi-permanent lipstick to date that doesn't dry your lips?
Care to share the brand ?
Though this product is tricky to apply, this is one of the best semi-permanent lip product I've tried as it doesn't dry out my lips as much as the other brands I've tried. The extra balm-y texture is really a pro as I can get away without lip gloss on top!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product is part of the January Box. Review 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)