Happy Saturday everyone! It is weekend and I'm not sure if I have a restful weekend as I get more busy as days go by! I'm definitely not complaining, busy is good!
2 years ago, Mr. AMW and I were on a hunt for a good exfoliator for his acne-prone skin. One brand that got the most positive reviews online called Cure. I immediately went ahead and purchased one from a local reseller and we never looked back!
Upon visiting Tokyo, Japan, we purchased 3 bottles for backup as not only Mr. AMW gets to enjoy this, I find this the most gentle exfoliator I've tried (keep in mind I have extremely dry skin).
Today's review, there's Mr. AMW and I who will give feedback on this product. Mr. AMW has oily skin while I suffer from combination (normal/dry) skin.
Cure says ---
Cure Natural Aqua Gel - a skincare with activated hydrogen water made for removal of dead skin.
Back of the packaging (English Translation)
AMW says ---
- No weird scent.
- Preservative, coloring, mineral oil and artificial fragrance FREE!
- Does remove dead skin cells without stripping off skin's natural oil.
- Works for ALL skin types.
- Skin feels soft and smooth immediately after first use.
- No skin irritations or allergic reactions.
- Can be used on other parts of the body (neck, knees, elbows, etc...)
- Mr. AMW says his skin doesn't break out as much with Cure as part of his skin care regimen.
- As for my dry skin, the dry patches disappears after 3-4 times usage.
- Worth the price! As one bottle lasts for at least 4-5 months!
A very gentle exfoliator that effectively remove dead skin cells showing off softer, smoother, brighter-looking skin.
- Wash face with your choice of facial cleanser and dry your face well.
- A little goes a long way, start pumping a dab of product and gently massage all over face.
- Application should be in circular motion for 30seconds to 1 minute.
- Do not apply too much pressure as it may hurt your skin.
- I have the worst cuticles ever since I do not have my weekly manicure/pedicure sessions so I use this to help lessen hard cuticles.
- If you suffer from acne or other extreme skin conditions, do check with your dermatologist before you try this product.
- This is best used once a week to twice a week (max).
Will I repurchase?
Yes. I'm glad it's finally available locally! Price isn't bad as compared to the retail price in Japan.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Everyone. Just like how everyone should use clarifying shampoos once a week, everyone should exfoliate their skin at least once a week.
Where to purchase and how much?
Php1,500 (approx $36.58) for 250ml available at all Beauty Bar branches nationwide. Follow Cure Philippines on Facebook.
Cure's texture is clear and gel-like.
Upon rubbing using dry hands on dry surface, the texture turned liquid and white particles appear in no time! I originally thought these particles are part of the product but after attending the product launch and a test was shown to prove that the product itself does not create white particles! These are definitely my own dead skin cells!
A proof that the particles come from my skin not from the product:
My hands wiped clean with a makeup remover after swatching various products. I originally thought my hand is very clean, but surprise surprise! Particles of makeup appears after gentle scrubbing! This proves that make up remover and facial cleanser cannot remove dead skin, only exfoliation can!
Washing my hands after, my hands look clean, bright and definitely NOT dry!
Do you exfoliate your skin at least once a week?
If yes, which particular product are you currently using, is it gentle enough for your skin?
So far, I am not a fan of exfoliating products but Cure is the only product that I tried and used for months and so far, my skin aren't complaining!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")