Ahh, Tuesday Choose Day! A day that I choose to be happy and contented! I know it is very difficult to stay cheerful at all times (trust me, for someone who only have an hour or 2 hours of sleep a day for 5-6 weeks) I still choose to be happy as there's no other way! I always chant "Don't Quit" inside my head..it goes like this...
"....When things go wrong as they sometimes will...
Rest if you must but don't you quit!"
Try searching at Google for the whole poem of "Don't Quit" and print it out! It is a nice reminder to keep your chin up and face the world!
Okay, let's get back to the real world of Pros and Cons! *lol* That's the review portion! As shocking as it sounds, Make Up For Ever is not around anymore and the makeup brand that got the place of old MUFE at Bonifacio High Street is called Make Up Factory, a lot of our dear AMW readers emailed me and asked me to check out their products and see if they could at least replace or be at par with Make Up For Ever's quality. I felt bad as I missed the grand launch last month but at least, I was given one of their star product a try and we'll start from here.
Just in case you don't know much about the brand ---
"Make Up Factory is a German cosmetics brand that produces high quality cosmetics for makeup artists and women who want to use professional-level makeup products."
Make Up Factory Automatic Eyeliner 04
Make Up Factory says ---
A 3-in-1 product for long-lasting, expressive eye contours.
The soft high-quality texture means that it can be applied precisely to the upper and lower lash lines, making lashes look seductively thick and long. Applied with the integrated applicator, it can be used to create striking, shaded effects.
AMW says ---
- Retractable, easy to use.
- Comes with a sharpener and "smudger"
- Creamy, does not tug the lids.
- Easy to "smoke out" with the integrated applicator.
- Versatile, can be used as an eyeliner, eyeshadow or even eyeshadow base.
- Will smudge on oily lids if no eyelid primer is used underneath.
- Finishes up quickly due to the product"s creamy and soft texture.
A super gorgeous shade of dark brown that looks very natural upon application. Texture is creamy and highly pigmented. A bit tricky to create a clean line if the "lead" isn't sharpened properly. May smudge for users with oily lids but once it is smudged by the integrated applicator, lesser smudging will happen.
- Apply an oil-control eyelid primer before ANY eye makeup application.
- Sharpen pencil before usage to create a more define line.
- Apply very close to the lash line to create "fuller looking" lashes.
- Smudge with the integrated applicator for a "smoked out" and more natural effect.
- Do not apply on water line if you want to prevent eyeliner from smudging.
- Apply close to the lower lash line and smudge with the integrated applicator or top it with a similar shade of eyeshadow or translucent powder to "set" the eyeliner keeping it from smudging.
Will I repurchase?
Yes! Will use this on makeup gigs but again, I will prevent using this to tight line or applied on waterline.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Pencil liner lovers! If you can get away applying gel liners or liquid liners on a daily basis, then stick to it as it stays better on our humid weather as compared to ANY pencil liners.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Make Up Factory, Bonifacio High Street for Php650.00 (approx $15.85). Like Make Up Factory Philippines on Facebook for more product updates.
A closer look on shade 04 Chocolat Noir
Sharpener hidden on the opposite side of the pencil.
The integrated applicator, used to smudge and blur out harsh lines created by the pencil liner.
I prefer looking downwards and gently draw short lines connecting one from the other
for a more natural effect.
for a more natural effect.
Using the integrated applicator, I smudge off harsh lines to create a natural finish.
Some would prefer to tight line but I prefer to skip this step to prevent panda-looking eyes.
How to fill the gaps? Apply coats of mascara and the gaps will be GONE in no time.
Have you visited Make Up Factory in Bonifacio High Street?
Any other must-try Make Up Factory products that I need to know?