I have tried so many Revlon mascaras in the past and I'm honest to say, they deliver, but not to the point that I put them on top of my mascara list! They're always good yet, I always wanted something more --- more volume, more length!
Today, I will be sharing a review on Revlon's newest mascara called Lash Potion, the packaging is very whimsical and I find myself excited to use this product just because of the lovely packaging!
Don't worry, the review won't be biased though! :P *winks*
The shade on spotlight: 221 Blackest Black
Revlon says ---
Spellbinding Volume. Supernatural Length.
Magically transform lashes to lush, long and lustrous. A potion with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume. Triple-groove wand combs through for clump-free length.
- A potion with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume
- Triple-groove wand combs through for clump free length
Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire De Carnauba), Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'abeille), Candelilla Cera ((Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax) Cire De Candelilla), Myrica Pubescens (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-21, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Lysine Hci, Leucine, Alanine, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/Pvp Crosspolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simethicone, Hyfroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol Cocoate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trisodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol.
May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266)] 22990.
AMW says ---
- Best packaging out of all the Revlon mascaras I've tried IMHO.
- Lengthens and volumizes my lashes.
- The brush bristles are packed close enough to each other thus you get to coat each lash strand.
- So far, I've used this several times on various weather condition, didn't smudge or flake on me!
- Easy to remove with regular eye makeup remover.
- Doesn't dry out the lashes. Lashes remain smooth throughout the day.
- Comes in different shades.
- May flake midday.
- The paint on the packaging tends to flake off!
A waterproof mascara that gives moderate volume and length.
- As for every mascaras, try to use it not more than 6 months especially when used on a daily basis.
- A mascara shield is best used (calling cards, etc...) if you have small lid space to prevent messy application.
- Always apply starting from the roots wiggling it to the tips to prevent mascara buildup thus making lashes look heavy.
- Curl your lashes BEFORE mascara application.
- Try not to pile on mascara too much as it may clump your lashes.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who prefer medium length and volume.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for approx Php700.00 (approx $15.90).
Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious comes in variety of shades
Black, Blackened Brown, Blackest Black
Application technique:Always apply starting from the roots using a wiggling motion going upwards. Do not pile mascara on the tips to prevent lashes from pointing downwards.
Before and After (Front View)
To show you a quick demonstration on how the lash wand works well on medium to large eyes. My eyes is on the small side and let's not forget the "hooded" part, so it is a bit messy to apply as the wand is not tapered at the tip. I highly recommend to gently lift your eyelid during application or use a business card to protect your lids from mascara.
Before and After (Looking upwards)As seen on photo, the mascara gives a good amount of length and definition. My lashes look more defined and longer which is a huge plus!
Before and After (Side View)
Applied correctly, the Revlon Lash Potion does not weigh my lashes down! I purposely did not curl my lashes prior to mascara application.
Overall, Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Waterproof Volume and Length mascara lives up to it's name. It gives a good amount of length and volume. As for my personal experience, this is the best Revlon mascara I've tried and I'm glad they have done something to improve their formulation!
Have you tried Revlon lash Potion?
How do you find this mascara?
How do you find this mascara?