Happy Monday AMW Friends!
The weekend was crazy with the strongest storm ever hit the world! #TyphoonYolanda #YolandaPH I pray our fellowmen safe and let's do everything in our own small ways to help out! :)
On the lighter note, let's talk about the lighter side of things, of course, things that make us feel and look beautiful! I want to share a bright lipstick review. The most recent lipstick from Benefit! I actually haven't tried any Benefit Lipsticks for myself but I've used them a couple of times on a shoot! I have tried their glosses but never thought Benefit would excel when it comes to lipsticks...until today!
Shade on Spotlight:
Benefit says ---
Hydra-smooth lip color is enriched with shea, mango butter, and vitamin E for lips that look supple and hydrated. It glides on smoothly with a double-slanted tip that’s custom designed to define and fill for an irresistibly smooth finish. This collection was specially created to bring you the ten most universally flattering shades. They’re easy to pick and even easier to wear. Available in three levels of coverage: sheer, medium, and medium-full.
Size: 3.0g Net Wt. 0.11 oz.
AMW says ---
- Cute packaging.
- Glides easily on lips.
- Lips feel hydrated throughout the day.
- Good pigmentation and color pay-off.
- Dare Me shade gives medium to full coverage.
- The shea, magno butter and vitamin E ingredients made this product top notch in terms of hydrating power! I love how silky my lips felt after every application.
- Though a hydrating lipstick, my lipcolor stays at least half a day with some eating and drinking.
- Packaging: Though packaging is cute, it tends to be messy after every use and you have to be careful in closing the cap.
- Price. Some may find this lipstick pricey but for someone who prefers hydrating lipstick anytime of the day, I think it's worth the investment!
- Not too glossy or too matte.
A moisturizing balm + lipstick in one! The added bonus? The product gives medium to full coverage!
- Keep color on your lips, not on your teeth by closing your lips around your finger, and then drawing your finger out to remove the excess
- Some ay find the other lip color to be too sheer for their taste, I highly recommend to check the Benefit website to check the colors that has Sheer, Medium and Medium Full Coverage.
- Always be careful in removing the cap.
- Wipe off excess lipstick after every use (just my OC tendency).
- For medium full shades, use a lip brush for more precision.
- To keep lipstick stay longer, apply a similar shade of lip liner underneath prior to lipstick application.
- For a casual look, applyl Dare Me with simple or no eye makeup!
- For night time or party look, apply dare me with thick eyeliner.
- For girls who like to have fuller-looking lips, apply a gloss on top of your Hydra-Smooth Lip Color.
- If you prefer matte finish, pat your lipstick with a translucent powder OR pat your lips with a clean tissue paper after application.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Hydrating lipstick lovers! Dare Me is a lovely red shade that works for girls who love to wear red but dislikes the drying feel.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit counters for Php1,000 (approx $23.00)
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/benefitcosmeticsphilippines
Dare Me on Tube
Swatch of Dare Me
Dare Me is a True Fuchsia shade but on my skin tone it looks more medium red!
Dare Me is a semi-matte red lipstick that has a subtle sheen once applied on lips.
The possible mess of using Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Color
For OC gals like me, please wipe off excess lipstick at the side before closing the cap.
Before and After
Applied 2 coats of Dare Me
Overall, I am VERY happy and contented with the new Hydra-Smooth Lip Color from Benefit. They definitely lived up to the name "Hydra-Smooth" as the product applies smoothly and hydrates your lips throughout the day! I actually find myself enjoying the re-application as it gives my lips the added "comfort" or "cushion-y" feel like that from regular lip balms!
Have you seen Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Colors at Local Benefit Stores near you?
Is there a possibility for you to purchase this product?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")