When Happy Skin Cosmetics was launched, they were going viral not only on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! I'm starting to see them on TV as well! Imagine, getting interviewed by the Queen of Media Ms. Kris Aquino, the brand is definitely going big!
I was able to try the Happy Skin Moisturizing Lippie and I have been using it a couple of times going out, I gave a positive review on their lip products so I can't wait to test their blush called Get Cheeky With Me! Okay, let's hand it to them for coming up with unique and cute names but as always, here on AMW, cute packaging and unique name won't make it to the cut, the quality has to be good for me to be able to say....the product is worth purchasing!
Packaging reminds me of The Balm, the size and pan of the blush screams Shu Uemura!
Shade on spotlight: First Kiss
Happy Skin says ---
Shades: Summer Fling and First Kiss
AMW says ---
- Packaging! Aside from it looking aesthetically cute, I love the magnetic flap!
- Mirror size and quality. You can see both your cheeks in a glance.
- Pigmentation is good! A little amount goes a long way.
- Product stays for more than 4 hours without retouch for normal and dry skin.
- Gives a subtle glow when applied due to its' sheen finish.
- The powder isn't chalky, goes on smoothly when applied.
- Contains skin-loving ingredients like Cherry Blossom extract which is good for the skin.
- No allergic reactions after several use.
- No fragrance.
- Matte blush lovers may not appreciate the tiny glitters that can be seen under harsh lighting. (the glitters aren't the obvious chunky kind)
- Packaging. Some prefers the plastic packaging but I actually like this simple and slim packaging which is easy for me to tote around.
- Price. A lot may complain that the product is pricey for a local brand but I personally think it is worth it since ingredients are sourced in Japan and the quality is as good as international cosmetics brand.
Happy Skin Get Cheeky With Me, aside from the wonderful packaging and name, is a silky blush with good pigmentation. You can control how light or heavy your blush looks as a little goes a long way! Staying power will depend on your skin condition, normal and dry skin individuals will have minimal retouching as compared to the oily-skinned users.
- Instead of blowing off excess blush powder on brush, it is more hygienic to tap off excess instead before application.
- For a nice flush, start applying at the apples of your cheeks going upwards to the hairline.
- For a subtle "contour", apply starting from your hairline going towards the apples of your cheeks.
- First Kiss would look great on fair to medium skin tone while Summer Fling would work so well on medium to dark skin tone. Both shades can be used for all skin tone, you only have to practice on how much product is needed for product to show up really nicely on your skin.
- For an obvious "blush", apply using your clean fingers or a small powder brush. Apply with a tapping motion.
- To create a very light, no-makeup look, use a big powder blush and apply with circular motion.
- Do you have issues with acne marks and pimples showing up after blush application? Conceal the spots using a small blush and re-apply blush on top of the concealer. (Comment in this blog post and let me know if you want an in-depth tutorial on this!)
To whom do I recommend this to?
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php699.00 (approx $16.25). Available at Plains and Prints & Beauty Bar branches nationwide. Click LINK for exact list of branches.
First Kiss on pan
Swatch once on hand
First Kiss is a semi-matte pink shade that has a nice sheen making each application looking natural. Looking closely, there are loads of tiny glitters that won't show up as much when applied on cheeks blending properly.
Tool used: I prefer to use a medium sized powder blush brush in applying my Happy Skin Get Cheeky With Me blush.
Applied starting from the hairline going towards the apples of the cheeks.
With the right amount of blush powder and blending, the effect will be very natural.
AMW wearing Happy Skin Get Cheeky With Me in First Kiss
Lips: Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in First Kiss
A powerful combination!
How do you find Happy Skin Get Cheeky with Me?
Will you go for First Kiss or Summer Fling?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)