I have been accustomed about BB creams for years, but BB on a stick? That's something! Thanks to BDJ October Box, I got to try one of Maybelline's Star products --- the Clear Smooth Shine Free Clear Stick BB Stick! I did mention this product will go straight to my sister's kikay kit but dear sis, I am so sorry, I got too intrigued with this product I have to try this first before I pass it on to you...if you're reading this..well, you have no choice! :P
Product spotlight: BB Stick in Fresh
Maybelline says ---
For a clear and smooth base in 1 go!
This anti-shine powder in a stick provides 8 different skin benefits!
It can last you the whole day and can help oily or combination skin.
- Improve clarity
- Lesser visible pores
- Lesser greasy shine
- Long lasting shine control
- Reduction in redness
- Smoother skin
- More even tone
- More radiant clear, healthy, flawless, bare skin look.
- SPF21/PA+++ protects harmful UVA and UVB Rays
Available in Fresh and Natural.
- Stick, easy to use anytime anywhere.
- Creamy consistency, easy to blend.
- Reduces some skin imperfections - red marks, dark under eye circles, etc...
- Comes with SPF21.
- Cream to powder finish.
- Gives a nice radiance, if you're looking for that healthy Korean glow, this may work!
- Can double up as a concealer or highlighter.
- Price - especially if you get this on sale!
- Available in 2 shades only.
- Will create skin flaking if you have dry skin.
- Oil-control is not enough for users with extremely oily skin.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
A nice concept, a BB product that is on a stick form making application extremely easy. The Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick does give a smooth and even coverage upon application, reduces skin redness and other skin imperfections (but not completely). Has light to medium coverage and the effect is semi-matte with a bit of dewy finish. Oil-control is so-so, normal and dry skin may skip setting this product with an oil-control powder but combination and oily-skin may need to do so.
- Store the BB stick in cool, dry place, once the BB stick is soft from the heat, it may easily break.
- Best applied with clean fingers. The product will blend seamlessly.
- Do not set the product if you want a healthy glow, set with oil-control powder if you have extremely oily skin.
- Concealing is needed if you need the extra coverage.
- Purchase Maybelline products on sale! I recently saw Maybelline products on 20-30% off.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Teens on a budget. Normal and combination skin will appreciate this more!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php279.00 (approx $6.64).
At initial look, I thought this was a stick foundation!
This shade is 2 shades lighter than my skin and has a cool undertone.
For the sake of review, I have used this product while working at home as the shade is not right for me! I prefer to apply more at the center of my face where more coverage is needed.
I find this product perfect to conceal my under eye circle, since the shade is lighter than my skin tone, it gives an immediate "highlight" on areas I want to enhance.
If you look closely, there are dry patches on some parts of my face because I have extremely dry skin! This product (if I may stress again) is meant for users with combination and oily skin!
Left: Applied Maybelline Clear Smooth BB stick
Right: No makeup
Based on my half face photo, you can see that the BB stick gives medium coverage as it can reduce the look of under eye darkness at the same time, even out my skin redness! Since the product is a bit drying on my skin, I prefer to use this as a concealing/highlighting stick instead and finish off with my favorite face powder.
Will you purchase this after reading my review?