Happy Thursday AMW Friends! How have you been?
Today, I will be sharing a brand we nearly "lost"! I was one of the many MUFE fans who nearly went crazy when I learned my favorite MUFE Shangri-la branch was gone! Where will I get my favorite Camouflage palette? Eye pencils and eye shadows?
Thankfully, in a few months' time, I learned MUFE is finally back! I visited their pop up store at SM Aura recently (post AMW Reports: Make Up For Ever Philippines is BACK!) and I'm happy to announce that aside from our favorites, Make Up For Ever has more products for both the PROS and Make Up Addicts! One of their most recent additions is their Rouge Artist Palette. Don't get swayed with the product name, this isn't only for the professionals, this product is for ALL lipstick addicts out there who are creative enough to come up with their own ideal lipstick shades!
03 Warm Beige Shades
Make Up For Ever says ---
Rouge Artist Lip Palette offers 40 Colors to awaken inspiration and kindle creativity. Finally, choosing lipstick colors is an easy, uncomplicated way to express yourself. Each and every shade in this palette matches the others perfectly, with four neighboring colors plus a cheekier fifth hue from the Rouge Artist Collection. Enjoy even more freedom without the worry of making a mistake. Wear a different shade every day, or even blend 1, 2 or 3 shades to invent your own custom color; anything is possible.
AMW says ---
- Comes in a slim, handy compact.
- Available in both warm and cool tones.
- The lip brush that comes with the palette is perfect even for professional use.
- You get a lot of shades of lipstick in one single palette.
- Pigmentation is really good.
- Good staying power.
- Considering HOW Extremely dry my lips are nowadays, the lipstick does not make my lipstick feather or flake.
- Space saver, as a makeup artist, I do not need to lug loads of lipstick tubes!
- re: 03 Warm Beige Shades, I'm happy with the additional RED considering this palette is mostly beige shades.
- At first glance, PRICE.
- Not everyone can pull off nude lips, this palette has mostly Nude-colored shades.
03 Warm Beige would work well on girls who are comfortable wearing nude colored lipsticks! This palette has 3 matte beige shades and 1 opaque shade of lipstick in the form of N1 Natural. The bright colored lipstick on the right side of the palette is more of reddish orange shade perfect for girls with warm skin tone.
- Prep your lips prior to lipstick application by applying generous amount of lip balm underneath, wipe off excess balm before lipstick application.
- Use the lip brush that comes with the palette, start applying color starting from the center using the flat side of the brush.
- The tip of the lip brush is best used to outline the corner of your lips for a more defined look.
- Feel free to apply your favorite gloss on top to prevent lip lines from showing.
- To mix or create your own shade, it is much better to have a separate spatula to prevent mixing 2 or 3 colors.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who can't finish a full tube of lipstick because they want to use different shades per day! This palette is the perfect way to go and the size is also perfect to take along for retouch.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Make Up For Ever pop up store SM Aura for Php2,650.00 (approx $63.00)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MAKEUPFOREVERPH
The wonderful lip brush you would want to keep even after finishing up the palette!
03 Warm Beige
NOTE FROM AUTHOR: For the sake of review, I did not apply any lip balm underneath or lip gloss on top! My lips are on it's most extreme, dry condition (ranging hormones!) so brace yourself on seeing awfully dry lips!
The lightest shade in this palette, I find this the perfect shade to mix with the bright red lipstick shade.
22 Intense is also a perfect "base color" for users with extremely pigmented lips! This shade will help neutralize your lip color before applying another shade on top!
Almost similar to 22 Intense shade but has a tiny bit of brown shade to it!
This shade is perfect for girls with medium to dark skin tone! I can see this as their perfect nude lipstick shade!
This has more sheen as compared to the rest of the lip colors.
N1 Natural is indeed a very natural lip color shade that could be a MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade.
Still on the beige side with more brown and pink.
This shade is my perfect "nude" lips shade! I don't look sick wearing this alone!
Bright red shade that reminds me so much of MAC Ruby Woo
This is a non-drying red lipstick that glides easily even with the driest of dry lips! It has a nice sheen after each application! This shade is also the perfect mixing shade with the rest of the neutrals included in the palette.
Since this is a Rouge Artist Palette, meaning, anyone can be an artist of their own! I've decided to create a quick and simple ombre lips using 22, 23 and 21 intense!
How do you feel about the return of Make Up For Ever in the Philippines?
How do you like their newest Rouge Artist Palettes?
Which among the palettes below will you purchase?
My next goal is the Coral palette!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)