Up until today, my favorite primer for all time is the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Light! But that doesn't stop me from trying out different primers especially if they are locally made! #ProudlyPhilippineMade #ISupport !
Thanks to June Glamourbox I was able to test the Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer. Any primer that has the name "Skin Perfecting" attached to it is definitely a must-review product and I'm here to share my experience after trying this out on various Guinea-pigs...*ahem* I mean...cute Guinea pigs! *winks*
Bare Naturals says ---
This non-pore clogging skin primer has the purest natural ingredients that mattifies the face, keeps oil at bay and helps makeup last.
Ingredients: Olive squalane, an ingredient derived from olive oil. It softens the skin and improves elasticity, reducing the signs of aging while boosting cell regeneration. Silicone, which prevents skin aging while giving your softer, smoother skin. Silica, which helps your skin hold on to moisture for a long time.
AMW says ---
- A little goes a long way.
- Runny texture so it easily spreads out without making dry skin looks flaky or drier.
- Works even for the most sensitive skin. (Keep in mind to do a patch test just to be sure).
- Aids in smooth and easy foundation application. Can fill in lines and wrinkles creating a smooth base.
- Makeup lasts longer (additional 4 hours for normal and dry skin, additional 2 hours for oily skin).
- None of the alarming scent/fragrance.
- Gets absorbed into the skin in no time.
- Texture is a bit too runny (almost watery) so you have to work fast!
- Contains Silicone - which some users with super sensitive skin may find this a con.
An inexpensive, locally made primer that works in terms of creating a smooth canvass (evening out pores and lines) at the same time, helps makeup stay longer.
- With one pump, concentrate applying first on areas that your skin needs priming the most! (ex. nose, forehead and center of your face.)
- A little goes a long way, apply thin amount and layer on areas that has visible lines and pores.
- Primer is applied after skin care before makeup application.
- Upon application, wait for at least a minute for the product to "set in" before you start your foundation application.
- If you have very sensitive skin, do a patch test prior to applying all over the face.
- Application can be done by using your clean fingers, a sponge or brush.
- Transfer the primer to another bottle (of choice) as I felt the dispenser isn't meant for the watery texture of Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer.
To whom do I recommend this to?
This primer works for normal, combination and oily skin. Very oily skinned individuals may still need the oil blotting sheets.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at Glamourbox for Php398.00 (approx $9.47) 30ml.
My Bare Naturals: http://mybarenaturals.com/home/
The packaging of Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer
I hope they can create better packaging!
Be careful when you squirt out the product, I tend to squirt midway, use half-a-squirt and proceed with another half! I don't get to waste any product because it is a bit too runny for a silicone-based primer.
On the other hand, I actually like the watery texture as it spread out like a dream on my skin! For someone who has dry skin, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the perks of using a primer because of the long-lasting effect it gives on my makeup application. I tend to find most primers with gel-like texture dry up my skin thus the result leads to dry and "flaky-looking" skin. With the watery texture of Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer, I get the awesome smooth and silky surface making me apply foundation like a dream!
Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer applied on skin:
Its transparent texture works for ALL skin types. Absorbs into the skin in no time but has a waxy feel of silicone-based primers.
Have you tried Bare Naturals Skin Perfecting Primer?
Will you give this primer a try considering its price and my review?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)