Hello everyone! Hope you are in a good mood today as you are reading this post! What keeps you going by the way? If you ask me, aside from my lovely family, the superficial side is....COFFEE! I'm back with a vengeance! But of course, I'm staying good! 1 cup of coffee a day drives the #badvibes away! :)
I am so excited to share a liquid foundation review from Maybelline! I received this a month (or more?) ago and I've been testing this on various occasions! Staying inside an air-conditioned room, staying out and the best test of all? Divisoria shopping! Though the weather is a bit cool nowadays, I will still share my month-long usage review on this product! Of course my readers out there, if you have tried this product, feel free to comment below and tell me your skin type and your experiences so we can help other readers with different skin conditions.
Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Healthy Long Lasting Foundation
in Shade OC2
Maybelline says ---
This gentle, long-lasting foundation is infused with micro-mineral perlite for non-drying, breathable protection. It hydrates and improves skin luminosity. With SPF25/PA+++
AMW says ---
- Glass bottle with pump.
- Suitable for most skin types, yes, even Dry skin!
- OC means Ochre which is meant for neutral undertone. So far, the shade is spot on, doesn't look too pink or too yellow.
- Good coverage.
- Stays the whole day or until makeup removal (I have combination skin by the way, Dry/Normal).
- Covers minor imperfections with just 1 layer.
- Has SPF25 but doesn't create white cast on flash photography. (If you picked the right shade)
- Does not cake or enhance skin dryness.
- Possible allergic reaction on super sensitive skin. (Just a possibility)
- Limited shades available in the local market.
- If you are "iffy" with products made in China, well this product IS made in China! (though I'm sure this one is under close supervision of Maybelline New York)
- Matte-finish. Okay, I put this on Neutral as some maybe looking for a healthy/dewy finish while some prefer the matte finish.
A very natural-looking liquid foundation with SPF25 and has a decent amount of coverage. This product works for most skin types.
- Dry skin users may leave the house wearing this liquid foundation alone.
- Oily skin users may need an oil-control primer or apply an oil-control face powder on areas that tend to oil up.
- Start applying at the center of your face where coverage is most needed and gently blend with an outward motion.
- Use your finger, sponge or brush and see which method works best for you.
- For heavier coverage, use your favorite medium-full coverage powder foundation to "set" the liquid foundation.
- Let your skin breath, on days you don't need much coverage, apply foundation only on areas needed.
- Always shake the foundation before usage.
- You dislike the heavy feel? Blot your face with an oil-control sheet instead of piling on powder foundation.
- Once signs of irritations occur, STOP usage immediately.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone on a budget and would like to use liquid foundation on a daily basis! A little amount goes a long way! Maybelline super Mineral 24 works for all skin types!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at Maybelline counters for Php519.00 each (approx $12.00).
Written in Japanese Characters as I believe this product was first launched in Japan and it was a hit!
Plastic pump that needs to be cleaned after every use.
A pump of OC2
Perfect shade for my skin! (for reference: I'm MAC NC20-25)
My favorite tool to apply liquid foundation to date:
Before and After
L- my skin was bad when I took this before shot as I was sick with cough and colds. Redness appear at the center of my face and my under eye circles was darker than before.
R- With just 1 pump of Maybelline Super mineral 24 foundation in OC2, redness disappeared and my under eye darkness lessened a lot! I even skipped powder application on my cheeks and just buff a bit on my t-zone.
Full Frontal View *laughs* (That sounds like an X-rated film)
L- with Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Foundation
R- bare face
How do you find the new Maybelline liquid foundation based on my review?
Do you want to try this after reading my review? Have you used this? How was your experience?