Finally, a review on another mascara! I apologize for being tooooo slow with my mascara reviews as I have this OC tendency to use each mascara at least 3 months before I put up a review....aside from that, I dislike opening up a new mascara without at least finishing up the old one! Shoot me, I'm a slow reviewer! *laughs*
After receiving this last year, I put this last to review as honestly speaking, I love Revlon when it comes to their foundation and lipsticks but I'm never a fan of their mascaras! Search "Revlon Mascaras" on my blog's search box and you'll find most of my Revlon mascara reviews are "blah", nothing outstanding!
Now, do you think Revlon ColorStay Overtime mascara is any different from their previous mascaras?
Revlon says ---
- Long, intensely dark lashes
- Wears for 24 hours
- No flakes, smears, or smudges
- Tear-proof, sweat-proof, humidity-proof
- Removes with oil based makeup remover
- Ophthalmologist tested
AMW says ---
- Wand size is just right.
- Not a waterproof formulation but does not smear or smudge on me. Yes even on this crazy humid weather.
- This is a lengthening mascara and it does lengthen my non-existent lashes.
- Holds up the curl of my lashes.
- Defines and separates your lashes if applied correctly.
- Easy to remove.
- Comes in various shades: Blackest Black, Blacked and Blackened Brown.
- May clump if you don't apply fast enough.
- If you are looking for extra volume, this may not be your to-go-to mascara but I can't blame Revlon, it did say the mascara is good for lengthening.
- Flakes a bit if you have the tendency to rub your eyes
A great lengthening, non-waterproof mascara that is smudge and smear proof but with minimal flaking.
- Curl your lashes before mascara application.
- Remove "excess" mascara to prevent clump before application.
- Apply starting from the roots to to tips, repeat 2nd and 3rd coat if necessary but you have to be quick as this mascara dries pretty fast!
Not bad! For the first time, I'm saying YES! I like this particular mascara I repurchased and gifted this to friends!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Mascara users who prefer lengthening formulation minus the harsh waterproof formulation making it hard to remove at the end of the day.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for around Php600.00 (approx $13.33).
Packaging of Revlon Colorstay
Some may find this packaging boring but I quite like the simple and slim packaging.
Mascara Wand of Blackened Black
The wand shape and size is just right for my small eyes! I find there is always a clump of extra mascara on the tip which I like to remove before use to prevent mess!
Before and After Photos
As seen on photo, I almost have no lashes on my before shot but with Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara, you see longer (not thick though) lashes.
The curl of my lashes stay until the end of the day.
So this mascara definitely does not weigh down the lashes.
Eyelashes look longer and more defined but the Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara did not "thicken" my lashes. This mascara is perfect for users who prefer lengthening formulation.
Spidey lashes made possible using Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara :)
How do you find Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara after reading this review?
Will you purchase one or are you skipping this?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)