Dear AMW friends!
How was your long weekend? (for Philippine Readers) and weekend for the rest of the world? I had quite a relaxing holiday and spent most of my time with the family! And of course, I also spent most of my time testing new products I got and one of them is from Happy Skin.
Happy Skin Eye Am Here To Stay is a 24H Gel Pencil eyeliner which sounds promising when I attended the Happy Skin Summer Collection Launch last April 2. Seriously, is there such thing as an eyeliner pencil that STAYS? You tell me!
As much as I would love to try their black pencil liner, I got Chic Brown and Peppermint to test. And guess what I did to really test this liner? I used both liners on #KyleNash1stBirthdayParty were stress level is really high! I used a gel liner on my upper lashline and used Eye Am Here to Stay Chic Brown on lower lashline and Peppermint on the waterline. Was I nervous about Panda eyes? YOU BET! I had to ask Mr. AMW several times on how my liner looks when no one was watching!
Eye Am Here To Stay
Eye Am Here To Stay
PeppermintHappy Skin says ---
This gel liner formulated with Argan Oil that glides smoothly on skin without drying out your lash line. It is budge-proof and smear-proof even on oily eyelids and humid weather. It stays on all-day long and you can easily remove it with makeup cleanser - no need for rough tugging on the delicate eye area.
Shades: Perfect Black, Chic Brown and Peppermint
AMW says ---
- Pencil so easy to use for first-time liner users.
- Glides on easily without tugging.
- Pigmentation is really good, I don't need to re-apply liner several times for the color to show up.
- Chic Brown looks very natural.
- Peppermint is a great eye-opener tool and the shade helps reduce eye redness.
- Does not smudge and smear.
- Easy to remove.
- Comes with a sharpener at the bottom part of the pencil.
- Both liners can be used as an eyeshadow base.
- Peppermint shade disappears after 3-4 hours. (Not bad considering how difficult it is to find pencil liner that can last longer than 2 hours on the waterline.)
Smooth eyeliner pencil that has good pigmentation, application is a breeze as no tugging is needed. Chic Brown lasts the whole day while peppermint tends to do a bit of disappearing act after 3-4 hours. Both pencils are still highly recommended by yours truly because they never smudge or smear so you don't have to worry about panda eyes even on humid weather.
- Always take your peppermint pencil along for retouch.
- Chic Brown is best used for "natural" eye makeup look. The shade isn't matte so you don't get an "obvious line" even when applied over upper lashline.
- Feel free to use Chic Brown and apply a thick line on top of your lashline, smudge with your fingers or pencil brush for a day time smokey eye makeup look.
- Store pencils in cool, dry place to prevent meltdown.
- Dislike the "obvious line" pencil liners create? Use your favorite eyeliner brush or smudger brush in applying your liner.
YES! I would LOVE to give Perfect Black a try!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Pencil liner users.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php499.00 (approx $11.30). Available at Plains and Prints branches nationwide. Click LINK for exact list of branches.
Shade: Chick Brown
Don't forget the free pencil sharpener at the bottom side of the pencil.
Swatch on hand
Top: Chick Brown
Chic Brown has a minimal amount of glitters while Peppermint is pure matte mint green shade.
Both shades can be used as an eyeshadow base due to its long-wearing properties.
Upon extreme smudging using dry finger, the Peppermint shade disappeared but take note,
you wouldn't rub your eyes THAT hard.
Chic Brown applied over upper lashline.
The effect is very natural and the added shimmer makes your eyes pop.
The shade is an exact dupe of my favorite Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 1L
Peppermint applied on waterline.
The effect of using Peppermint, see how my left eye (facing you) looks brighter and bigger as compared to the other eye.
I find Peppermint is a unique shade for a pencil liner and I'm glad Happy Skin created it as this shade definitely is effective in reducing eye redness! Both pencils are really good, I love the creamy texture and how long both pencils last on me without smudging and smearing! This is definitely a must for every kikay kit (in my humble opinion).
Have you tried Eye Am Here to Stay from Happy Skin?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)