When it comes to face mask, I usually go for sheets because they are very easy and convenient to use and non-messy at all! Now let's talk about "mud" treatment, doesn't that sound too messy? Too tedious to apply on face and you wish for someone professional to apply them for you?
I hear you!
Not with GlamGlow! I have to be honest with you, I was given this product as a press sample and let's be honest, I was a bit wary to use this because mud mask is definitely not my thing so I actually left this on my table for quite awhile and wish the product would come up with a review of its own (laughs!)
Yes, I've tried Glamglow Youth Mud and like the results but I would still highly prefer it for my readers with oily skin! Though Youth Mud did great in terms of brightening and "tightening", I feel like I needed something more to address the issue of dryness!
Just when I needed hydration the most, the week Baby AMW was fuzzy due to teething (again), I spent sleepless nights taking care of him instead of my skin, so again, my used to be soft and supple skin went back to it's flaky state! I had to call for help!
Then I took a quick glance at the aqua blue packaging of GlamGlow and it got me at "THIRSTYMUD HYDRATING TREATMENT".
Glamglow says ---
THIRSTYMUD™ uses the newest, most advanced, and extreme hydration active technologies. It moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin. Dewdration™ boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result while HydraPack™ leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel. GreenEnergy™ smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
AMW says ---
- A thin layer goes a long way.
- Has a nice coconut scent (I dislike coconut so I'm surprised how much I enjoy this scent.)
- Not so sticky, the mud applies smoothly.
- My skin feels soft and very smooth on FIRST application.
- Has a mild cooling effect after wiping or washing the product off.
- Very gentle on my sensitive skin, I don't have any negative reactions on first use.
- I can get away without moisturizer and my skin feels smooth and hydrated the next day.
- Definitely has a calming effect.
- With constant use, skin has a "plump" and glowing feel.
- Price. But if the product works for you, it's worth it.
- Packaging, I'm probably too hygiene-conscious or lazy, but I prefer a squeeze tube packaging! But that's just me! :)
- As opposed to mask sheets, you need to wipe off with a clean cloth or wash off product as opposed to just throwing the mask sheet away!
Easy-to-use mud mask that is non-messy, non-greasy and smells great! Gives quick boost of hydration to your skin at first use, has a calming and cooling effect.
- Use two to three times per week or when needed.
- Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin.
- Can be used on the face, neck, and chest.
- Daytime use: Leave on for 10 to 20 minutes, allowing product to absorb into the skin. Wipe off with tissue and massage remaining product into skin or rinse with water.
- Nighttime use: Leave on to infuse the skin with moisture and wake up with extremely hydrated skin.
- In-flight use: Apply at beginning of the flight and leave on for flight duration.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse with water.
- Ask for samples or try samples from Sampleroom.
- During summer or if you have large pores and want to instantly shrink it, store the mud inside the fridge.
- If you have extremely sensitive skin, do a patch tests before you apply all over your face.
- Apply an even, thin layer, don't forget to put some on your neck and the rest on your elbows and knees or any dry spots you have on your body.
- Feel free to leave it overnight but make sure to change your pillow case the next day.
- Feel free to apply more on areas that tend to dry or flake.
- Use a spatula instead of your fingers to grab the amount of product needed.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Skin that needs instant hydration. This will work for users with normal, combination and dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Price at Php3,750.00 (approx $87.00) available at THE SM STORE Makati, Megamall and Aura Beauty Section, FReSH Glorietta 5, Alabang Town Center, Eastwood and Century Mall, ART of SCENT One Shangrila Mall and Resorts World
Why the packaging is unique! As down as I feel,
it gave me an instant boost of confidence upon seeing "HELLO SEXY". :)
The mud has a light, gel-like texture that is easy to spread.
The scent is amazing! Smells like Coconut with a bit of butter!
As opposed to the usual "scary mask" look, the Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment has a brownish color leaving me with the look of a "healthy tan" *laughs*. Instead of leaving this overnight, since I have a baby beside me all night, I prefer to wash this off after leaving this product for 15 minutes Max!
The result is amazing! I don't see any dry spots on my face anymore and I can be lazy at times and skip moisturizer! The only downside is that, I may not have the luxury of 10-15 minutes a day but for me, it is worth the price and extra time it consumes because it does not only help keep my skin hydrated, the calming effect is priceless!
Are you into mud masks or sheet masks?
What other non-sheet masks have you tried?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)