Hi everyone! Today, I will be sharing a review on a Ben Nye "look-a-like". Though this may be compared to Ben Nye Banana Powder a lot of times, the Absynthe Happy Girls are the Prettiest Banana powder has unique qualities that I want to share!
Of course, the best part about this post? 10 lucky AMW readers get to try this powder as well! Thanks Absynthe for this as I like my readers to try out the products I tested and see for themselves how it would work for their skin type!
The product is housed in regular loose mineral powder packaging, sealed upon purchase and has manufacturing date printed for your reference.
Absynthe says ---This silky fine formula feels weightless, natural and smooth on skin. Controls unwanted shine all day. Softens the appearance of imperfections, fine lines and pores. Makes you instantly, the Prettiest Happy Girl. It has Ultra Cooling Sensation, A remarkable loose powder that gives ultra cooling effect, keeps skin feel fresh and sweat free. Perfect for Philippines humid weather.
Net Weight: 10g
AMW says ---
- Talc free and paraben-free.
- Has aloe vera for skin care.
- Has a nice cooling effect perfect for our hot and humid weather.
- Adjusts to any skin tone.
- Sets makeup really well minus the obvious Powder-y finish.
- Controls oil until 4-6 hours depending on how oily the user is.
- A little goes a long way.
- Works for all skin types I have very dry skin yet this powder does not dry up my skin.
- No white cast even with direct flash.
- Has a bit of "brightening" effect.
- As to any loose powder, this is a bit messier as compared to regular pressed powder.
A universal "setting powder" that works for all skin types! The unique part about this is the cooling effect which is perfect for our hot and humid weather.
- If you are too lazy to carry your own brush, use the free powder puff to "set" your makeup or for retouch but be careful to blend the powder properly.
- Use "patting" or "dabbing" motion to set areas that tend to oil up easily (ex. T-zone area, sides of the nose).
- Since this powder has a cooling effect, be careful not to get close to the eye area.
- If signs of irritations occur, STOP usage immediately.
- If you have normal or dry skin like I do, set only on areas that needed "brightening" effect. Example: Undereye area, t-zone.
To whom do I recommend this to?
For all skin types who likes to set their makeup.
Where to purchase and how much?
10g for Php389.00
Instagram and Twitter: @absynthebeauty
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/
Sealed and comes with a nice powder puff for retouch.
The shade is almost the same as Ben Nye Banana Powder but looking closer, it is a tad bit lighter.
Banana powder applied on my wrist.
The color disappears if blended well.
I wore Absynthe Happy Girls are the Prettiest Banana Powder on a busy weekend and I didn't go for any retouch and I look fresh and makeup looks okay all day! (Note: I have normal/dry skin)
Now here's the exciting part! Thanks to Absynthe Beauty 10 lucky AMW readers get to win their own full sized 10g pot of Banana Powder! Follow the simple mechanics via Rafflecopter below. Contest is open to Philippine residents, winners will be notified via email. Prizes will be shipped by Absynthe Beauty. Contest starts today ends August 31, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So true as the packaging says, Happy Girls are indeed the prettiest so please keep that happiness overflowing!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)