If you mention Revlon, the brand, right in front of my face...you'll always hear this from me: "They make amazing lip products!"
And I still stand by that statement after trying out the newest Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain.
A stain that is moisturizing? You got me at that! I believe they came up with 12 shades (all with cute travel-related names) but I got to try only 4 so I'm basing my opinions on these 4 shades!
|L-R New York Scene, Shanghai Sizzle, Milan Moment and LA Exclusive|
They are housed in a "3d"-like plastic packaging (thinking about 3d nail art with black border on the side), I wasn't quite impressed with the packaging at first....but I'm starting to like it as I was rummaging through my lipstick drawer and I can easily find the shades I want with their "what you see is what you get" packaging.
Revlon says ---
- Drenches lips in glossy wet color
- Ultra-light creamy lipstain with Vitamin E and Aloe
- 88% of women felt lips were instantly moisturized without stickiness
AMW says ---
- Gives a subtle glossy glow minus the greasy feel.
- Pigmentation is build-able. You can apply layer after layer.
- Does not dry out my lips mid-day even after reapplication.
- Really unique texture, feel like a stain and a gloss in 1.
- Can double up as a blush (using very minimal amount).
- Lasts a tad bit longer than regular lipgloss and lipsticks.
- None of the fragrance or weird taste.
- The sponge applicator is already slanted making it easy to apply directly on lips.
- Unlike other lip stains, these can be easily removed. And they don't leave an ugly stain behind.
- Sealed with a sticker to know if you get a new product.
- Moisturizing, yes, but not the super moisturizing type.
Build-able pigmentation lip stain that is non-drying.
- If you plan to use this on others (as a makeup artist or just a fellow beauty junkie), PLEASE, use a lip brush or a disposable lipstick applicator.
- Swipe once for a very natural "stain". For heavier pigmentation, apply at least 2-3 layers.
- If you want the shade to pop, conceal your lip color with a concealer or foundation prior to lip stain application.
- Feel free to create gradient lips by using 2-3 lipstains.
- Do you have super dry lips? Moisture your lips as you do the rest of your makeup. Before you apply Revlon Moisture Stain, blot off excess oil/grease with a clean cloth or tissue paper to keep the product stay longer on your lips.
- If you have really dry lips, retouch or refresh your lip color by applying a clear balm on top.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Lipstick lovers! This may work even for dry lips users!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for Php625.00 (approx $14.00)
010 LA Exclusive
This shade is a cool tone medium pink shade. The effect is dainty yet doesn't make me look pale.
030 Milan Moment
Milan Moment is a medium coral shade. Works as a daily lip color.
040 Shanghai Sizzle
Shanghai Sizzle is a perfect name for this lip color as I can imagine a girl wearing Chinese "Cheong Sam" wearing this deep reddish-orange shade. The effect is really pretty and you can apply 1 coat for daytime look (as shown on photo below) or apply another coat for a deeper reddish orange shade.
045 New York Scene
This is a deep maroon red shade that doesn't look like that on my photo below (sorry). The look was uneven as it was taken inside a car with the sun on one side! But this is one pretty deep red lipstick that would work on girls who aren't comfortable wearing a bright red lip color! This shade is perfect for the warmer skin tone ladies!
As shown on my tip, I enjoy mixing 2 shades together to create a new lip color! As shown on photo below, I applied a thin layer of Milan Moment (030) all over my lips and dab New York Scene right at the center of my lips and pressed my lips together. VOILA! :) I actually love this shade a lot and will do this more often! Thick, full lips like me can use this trick to make your lips appear a tad bit smaller! :)
Which particular shade of Moisture Stain is your favorite?
Do you like my mixture? Do you also mix lipstick shades?