A review on Tory Burch Lipstick?
Yes! The seriously have makeup lines available in the local market! Tory Burch may be known for fashion, but Tory is definitely serious even with makeup!
12 shades of Tory Burch Lipsticks arrived in the Philippines and I got my hands on one of my favorite shade called Swizzle!
Housed in a gorgeous Tory Burch signature colored packaging with a nice logo printed at the tip of the lippie!
Tory Burch says ---
Tory Burch loves color — and has created 12 distinctive shades, each designed to flatter a variety of skin tones. Extending from the original signature lip color, Pas du Tout, the collection ranges from tomboy neutrals to feminine pinks and bold brights. This modern formula represents the ideal balance of sheer yet vivid color and rich texture with a weightless finish. Encased in gold and orange fretwork — it’s a super-chic accessory in itself.
Notes: The lip color is subtly scented with notes from the Tory Burch fragrance — cassis, grapefruit and mandarin.
Size: 0.11oz/ 3g
AMW says ---
- Very nice and chic packaging.
- I'm usually not a fan of scented lipsticks but this one is exception to the rule. It brings out the good mood in me on every use.
- Applies very smoothly.
- Non-drying. Even on my extremely dry lips!
- If you're not a fan of those extremely heavy looking lipsticks, Tory Burch Lipsticks are the best solution, applies buttery (like lip balm), it may be sheer but it leaves a nice color to your lips.
- The lipstick on packaging has a bit of sparkly silver glitter but when applied on lips, the silver glitter gives your lips an extra "ooomph" and 3 dimensional look.
- Very hydrating, I can get away the whole day re-applying this lippie without my lips feeling tight and dry.
- For a sheer lipstick, the color stays at least 3 hours with eating and drinking!
- If you're a fan of "what you see is what you get", the Tory Burch lipsticks aren't for you as they are sheer.
- I tried swatching the other lighter shades and they look super sheer and almost close to "no lipstick" if applied especially on my highly pigmented lips.
- Price. I was expecting this to be above Php2,000, thankfully, it isn't!
Swizzle is a deep berry color on packaging with sparkly silver glitter but appears sheer and pretty on lips. The lipstick comes with a Tory Burch signature scent but it goes away after several minutes.
- If you find the color too sheer on you, apply multiple layers until you reach the desired shade.
- If you have highly pigmented lips like me, choose the darker shades from the collection as they will appear very natural on you.
- If you want your lipstick to appear longer, fill in your lips with a natural colored lip pencil underneath (ex. Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Pink Bouquet) before you apply the Tory Burch Lipstick in Swizzle.
- Swizzle shade is perfect for fair to dark skin!
- Always store lipsticks in cool, dry place!
- Best applied directly from tube, no need for lip brush.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Those who are willing to splurge on lipsticks! The Tory Burch Lipsticks are all perfect for daily use.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Tory Burch boutique Rustans Makati priced at Php1,650.00 (approx $37.50).
Packaging: Reminds me so much of a Tory Burch Boutique
The lipstick itself is such an accessory! Once I pulled this out inside a washroom, a stranger exclaimed: "Ganda ng lipstick!!!" (such pretty lipstick) And she was referring to the packaging!
Applied 2 layers
Looking closely, it has a sparkly silver sheen that doesn't look cheap!
Swizzle appears like a Night Time lip color on tube but in reality, works so well as a Daily Lip color! I have been reaching out to this lipstick a couple of times even when I don't have much makeup on!
How do you like Swizzle?
Do you think this is a perfect day time lip color?
How do you feel about the price?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)