I'm on a roll with blush reviews! I have always been a fan of blush because it gives my pale skin an instant "lift". Whether I use contouring powder or not, I highly depend on blush to create dimension on my face even casual days.
As soon as I got this product from local reseller Beautycorner.ph and saw the shade called Pop of Pink, I initially thought: "Not Again!". As you all know, I may be a fan of "pink ANYTHING" but not when it comes to blush! Why? They usually come out too obvious and too fake on my cheeks! But upon swatching....I had a change of heart.
Rimmel by the way is a UK drugstore brand that has been going around in the blogosphere for quite some time because of it's affordability YET super good reviews! I haven't tried a lot of Rimmel London products so this actually made me excited!
Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint is housed in a tube almost similar to a lip gloss.
The product description says Lightweight that blends instantly and seamlessly which I knew I had to test it out on our weather.
Rimmel says ---
Perfect for any occasion: the blush blends instantly and seamlessly to create a long lasting, natural-looking flush of colour that lasts up to 24 hours. Ultra lightweight, won’t feel heavy. Lasts all day.
Shades: Pop of Pink and Sunkissed Cherry (total of 5 shades but only 2 shades available locally)
AMW says ---
- Applies like a dream, texture is really smooth.
- Stays the whole day (for normal and dry skin). A bit of fading on super oily skin.
- Matte finish.
- The effect is very natural.
- Pigmentation is really good. A little goes a long way.
- Doesn't dry out into uneven patches. You actually have ample amount of time to blend before this sets into a powder finish.
- Does not settle into lines and pores.
- Very easy to blend.
- The name of this blush may confuse you, the texture isn't liquid at all!
- Limited shades available locally.
- Has a hint of fragrance.
A blush that is called liquid but doesn't have that texture at all! This blush is a cross between a gel and mousse blush. Blends really well on skin and sits the whole day without fading. Works alone or under a powder blush.
- This blush is so easy to use even for beginners but just in case, you have a hard time with application, apply using a stippling brush or foundation brush.
- A little goes a long way, start applying on 1 cheek using half a pea size amount.
- For oily skin, set with a translucent powder or powder blush.
- For users with dry skin, you can leave the blush as it is. This blush do not oil up but do not dry out your skin either.
- Applied too much? Don't worry, apply a thin layer of your favorite powder foundation on top of the blush to lessen pigmentation.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Blush wearers who prefer their blush to stay longer period of time without much retouch.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally through BeautyCornerPH priced at Php250.00 (approx $5.70).
Pop of Pink swatch on cheekThe color is almost "bright neon" pink once applied, but fret not! With quick, short strokes, blend using your fingers (or brush) and it'll lighten up into a natural flush.
Pop of Pink is a light-medium warm pink with an almost matte finish. The shade looks very natural even on fair skin and apply more if you have medium to dark skin tone. Surprisingly, though the finish is matte, it has a bit of satin-finish thus my skin looks "glowy" after application.
Have you tried Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint?
With the price point, would you give this a try?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)