Hi and welcome to my cooking portion! I am so happy some of you are interested with my simple home-cooked meals! They are boring, I may have to tell you in advance as I don't include much seafood in any of my recipe because...I am allergic to it!
So recently, I am really into potatoes and corn combo! Thankfully, the household love this combination as well so I've decided to create my own "Potato Croquettes" as side dish, since I got leftover corn kernels from recent cooking, I've decided to add in for some extra crunch and sweetness. Feel free to change the ingredients to ham, bacon or just leave it to plain potato croquettes!
- Corn kernels (optional)
- Corn starch
- All-purpose Flour
- You may add a bit of curry powder if you like your potato croquettes to taste like curry!
- Bread crumbs
- Boil pototoes with skin.
- Peel off skin and mash the potatoes.
- Add in corn kernels (or bacon or ham, whatever your heart desires).
- Add in salt, pepper, 1 egg, corn starch and flour. Mix everything together and add more flour until they can be formed into sticky balls.
- Roll each ball on a plate with bread crumbs.
Voila! You have yummy side dish and I think I paired this with Mushroom Beef Burger!
This will go well with any dish! Even my little AMW loves this so much! You can't go wrong with potatoes!
Any other combination you may want to add?