I have been neglecting sunscreen lately and as much as I want to protect my skin from the harsh rays of the sun, the extra step on skincare or make up feels like running around the track! Seriously, who can take the extreme humidity and heat?
Well, after driving around the Metro getting stuck in traffic with a car tint that isn't too dark, I did see a bit of redness around my skin the night when I removed my make up. Wake Up Call! I need to get back and touch my sunscreens again!
Thankful to AMW readers who requested for a product review of the Sunkiller sunscreen I got from BDJ Box Kawaii Box! Yes girls, believe it or not, I will look like an old hag without your product review requests! :D So lazy as I want to be, I stuck to the AMW product review rule and went on and apply the Sunkiller Super Lasting Base sunblock for almost a month consecutive (even when I only stay at home!) Now, I'm ready to share my thoughts!
But seriously, don't you think the packaging is cute and girly? I love how the name says "Sunkiller" but it looks so dainty and girly!
Sunkiller Super Lasting Base SPF50 PA++++ says ---
This tinted Japanese makeup base has SPF50 protection against skin aging UV rays and uses a blend of hyaluronic acid and collagen to hydrate skin. No worries on looking unnaturally pale upon application because of its natural beige tint. It’s lightweight and keeps skin smooth and matte for 8 hours for longer lasting makeup.
Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, zinc oxide, DPG, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, PEG-9 dimethicone, octinoxate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, dimethicone, cellulose, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, sodium hyaluronate, soluble collagen, sodium citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, hydrogen dimethicone, avobenzone, aluminium hydroxide, stearic acid, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, EDTA-2Na, BHT, polyquaternium-51, titanium(IV) dioxide, iron oxides
AMW says ---
- No scent.
- Lightweight texture.
- Gives a nice "glow" without the shimmer.
- Works really well with make up.
- Gives super light coverage even though this product isn't meant to be used as makeup.
- For a sunblock with super high SPF, it doesn't give white cast.
- Lightly tinted, so face won't look too white.
- As for weeks of usage, my face does not get red from staying under the sun.
- Very oily-skinned users may still need to blot out excess oil after 2-3 hours of application.
- Consistency is a bit thick so be careful when you massage the product especially if you have dry skin as it may cause skin to flake.
- Tinted so it may not work as well on users with darker skin tone. (Put this on Neutral because most sunscreens are white in color! So this is considered not bad at all!)
A lightly tinted, high SPF sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. It gives an overall "brightening" effect and skin looks more even. This Sunkiller Super Lasting Base is rightfully named as "Base" because it works really well with makeup! Make up looks better with this as a base.
- Dry skinned users need to moisturize the skin prior to sunblock application.
- If you are exposed under the song for prolong period of time, re-apply sunscreen (yes, even on top of make up).
- Best applied using clean fingers.
- Do not forget to apply the sides of your nose, ears and neck!
- Let the sunblock settle into the skin before you go to your foundation routine.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users with normal, oily and combination skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Watsons priced at Php495.00 (approx $12.00).
Once blended under natural light.
Though the shade is light, it blends into the skin giving it a bit of time to settle.
Application: I like to use downward strokes (same as the growth of your facial hair)
just like how I would with liquid/cream foundation.
Before and AfterIf you look closely, coverage is almost non-existent BUT, the Sunkiller Base can actually even out my skin by reducing a bit of redness around the sides of my nose and cheeks. I do not expect this product to have any concealing properties because it is a sunscreen anyway!
For coverage? Nothing a trustee concealer can't do!
Front ViewWith flash, it may have a bit of "brightening" effect on the left hand side of the photo facing you but never "white". The right side of my face facing you is my bare face!
Now with SPF50 behind my back, all I need is to protect my eyes and I'm ready to enjoy summer!
What is your current favorite sunblock for face?
Do you think Sunkiller is for you?