I am really into sharing what I know through the years of Makeup Artistry + Beauty Blogger so I wish to see some of you whom I haven't met in person yet on my upcoming TBS Workshops! They'll be one for the month of July and I believe another one for August! So please follow them on Instagram (@theBodyShopPH)!
Now on to my usual Sunday post! Anything FOOD related! And today, I am sharing to you my simple, homecooked meal that warms the tummy! Sweet and Sour Pork!
I realized that I cooked Sweet and Sour dishes so many times but I never tried doing so with pork! Since I don't have any fish left in my fridge, I opted to use the fresh Pork Loin I recently purchased! And here is my AMW-styled Sweet n' Sour Pork! Hope you like the recipe as much as I enjoyed cooking this!
- Pork loin cut in cubes.
- All Purpose Flour
- Soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato paste or Tomato Sauce. (I used Del Monte)
- Chopped Red and Green Bell peppers.
- Fresh tomatoes (optional)
- Pineapple Tidbits (I also both the one from Del Monte)
- Oyster sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Marinate pork cubes with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour in All-Purpose-Flour and mix it. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Fry the meat for approximately 10 minutes. They don't have to be completely cooked!
- Set the meat aside. I prefer leaving them on a strainer to lessen oil.
- As for the sauce, saute garlic, onion and peppers.
- Mix tomato paste with water, pour in the mixture and let it boil.
- Add in a small amount of Worcestershire sauce and oyster sauce. (This step is optional but I find adding these 2 ingredients makes a whole difference!)
- Add pineapple chunks. You may opt to add pineapple juice or vinegar.
- Add in sugar to balance the sweet and sour taste.
- Once the sauce is well mixed, set in low fire and pour in the fried pork.
- Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy with a hot cup of rice!
How do you cook your sweet and sour recipes?
Any tips you may want to add?