You haven't seen me talk about primers for quite some time because I have always been using my trustee Urban Decay Primer Potion for Clients and if I'm aiming for daily, inexpensive one, I go for the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer.
And just because I'm a Beauty Blogger who likes to keep my eyes, ears open for new products to try, I've heard nothing but raves from fellow beauty junkies on the Nars Pro-Prime Smuge Proof Eyeshadow base!
So thankfully, I was able to grab a tiny sample after some shopping!
|Photo taken from Nars website|
This is the size of the sample I got and it wasn't bad because I was able to use this for almost a month! As a little goes a long way!
Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base says ---
No smudging, creasing or caking. This lightweight eye primer is the insider trick of the trade, creating a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh and just-applied all day long. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.
- Extends the wear of eyeshadow, eyeliner and eyebrow pencil
- Maximizes color intensity
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
AMW says ---
- Packaging. Though I got the sample size, the full size looks exactly like that just a bit bigger. I find this packaging no-frail packaging for an eye primer! Easy to use and clean.
- Transparent so won't alter the eyeshadow shades you are using.
- Will help enhance your shadow color.
- My eyeshadow did not crease or fade until removal.
- A little is needed. A little is enough for it to do its' job.
- So far, it does not dry out my lid.
- If you have dry lids, there could be a bit of a "drying" and tugging feel when you try to blend out your shadows.
- This product does not cancel out veins or darkness around the lid. (If you are expecting this) Nars never mentioned about this function though.
A great eyeshadow primer that helps keep any brand of eyeshadows in place for the whole day and appears more vibrant. Would work for users even with oily lids!
- Wipe off doe foot applicator with a makeup wipe after every use to prevent bacteria build up.
- A little amount goes a long way.
- You have to work a bit fast as the primer dries up quickly.
- Best to be used on lower lash line to keep eyeliner from smudging! This is the best to be used on that area because my eyeliner does not smudge after using this.
- Can also use as a primer before you apply brow products if your brow makeup tends to disappear midday.
- Best tool to use? Clean fingers! The warmth of your fingers will help blend out the primer.
Yes! Looking for this as a nice replacement for my UDPP.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal and oily-lids. Users with dry lids can actually skip using eye primers not unless you are doing heavy eye makeup.
Where to purchase and how much?
At NARS Boutique priced at Php1,350.00 (approx $30.00).
Product packaging. The original size is a bit longer!
Application AMW style :
For personal use, I like to apply the product directly from doe foot applicator onto lids ...
And blend with clean fingers.
This is a great Holy Grail primer for oily-lidded individuals!
I personally can get away without eye primer but this is definitely nice to have and depend on when I need to do special events makeup! Or when I know I'll be staying outdoor for long period of time with makeup on!
What's your holy grail eye primer?