I have always mentioned that a Bronzer is one of my favorite and no-brainer blush shade. Truth be told, on days I don't feel like looking I have a blush on, I pick a bronzer and apply it on the apples of my cheeks and voila! Instant healthy-looking skin in less than 30 seconds! So when I got NYX Matte Bronzer in Dark Tan, I knew this is my to-go-to summer blush shade and mind you, I won't even try to make this my contour powder --- let's not even go there!
NYX Matte Bronzer Powder
in Shade Dark Tan on pan
NYX Matte Bronzer Says ---
Perfect for spring, summer and beyond - the NYX Cosmetics' Matte Bronzers have arrived! Achieve a natural and healthy looking complexion using any of the powder bronzers available in beautiful russet shades. Perfect for that desired honey glow all year long!
Available in shades: Light, Medium, Dark Tan, Deep and Deep Tan
Ingredients: Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Petrolatum, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, 77492, 77499 ).
Description on Packaging:
AMW says ---
- Simple sleek packaging.
- You get a nice mirror that goes with this compact.
- Blends easily because of the soft formulation.
- Appears natural as opposed to the color on pan.
- Even if applied on cheeks, my face appears warmer, healthier and lifted!
- Pigmentation is just right, a little goes a long way.
- Build-able. Can be apply with light or heavy hand.
- Though this product is named "Matte", it still gives a nice healthy-glow, making skin looks extremely nice.
- Cruelty Free! Not tested on animals! YAY!
- Re-application is needed especially on oily skin. The powder wears off easily midday.
- If applied as a contour powder, the result could be unnatural (But again, I have to stress that this is a BRONZER, not a Contour powder!)
- If applied with a brush, powder may fly everywhere!
- Shade matching, could be challenging for first-time bronzer wearers to pick the right shade for their skin tone.
A Bronzing Powder than can double up as a Bronzer and blush. Dark Tan is a mid-tone reddish brown Bronzer that is why it is very important not to use this as a contour powder as the color is too warm.
- Try on testers and make sure the effect is very natural and not too warm (or orange!)
- Apply with light hand. A little goes a long way!
- Blend blend blend! The key to a natural and healthy-sun kissed look is to blend everything out.
- If you want to create healthy looking skin, apply a small amount on areas on your face where the sun hits.
- If you want to use this as a blush like me, apply starting from the apples of your cheeks extending the color towards the ear. This will give a "lifting" effect.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, I'd love to give Medium a try, I have a feeling the effect will even be more natural!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Dark Tan would work best on users with MAC NC30 and NC35 users. I'm an NC20 or 25 so I bet Medium would look even better on me.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php590.00. NYX Cosmetics are available locally at --- The SM Store Aura, SM North Edsa Annex, SM Makati, SM Fairview, SM Megamall, SM Megamall Dept. Store, SM North Edsa Dept Store, SM Mall Of Asia Dept. Store, SM Manila Dept. Store, SM City Cebu, SM Seaside Cebu Dept. Store, Chimes Sales Davao, Ayala Abreeza Davao, Chimes Felcris Centrale Davao
Packaging with Box
Though it comes with a simple black plastic packaging, I enjoy the fact that these are made from recyclable materials so I'm okay with this!
As stated above, the formula of the bronzer is very soft and highly pigmented, so I prefer to apply a small amount starting from the center of my cheeks and gently blend upward and outward. Swipe off excess product from the brush or use a separate clean brush to diffuse the color making the effect more natural.
Intensity of the Bronzer is best built one step at a time! I like to step back, look at myself in front of the mirror under natural light to see if I need to continue with 2nd or 3rd layer. Based from experience, for a very natural healthy-glow, I'd go for just 1 swipe and blend the rest!
Just one of the very simple "CON" I could think off. Because of the soft-powder formulation, it tends to get messy with powder all over my dresser after every use! It's easy to just blow away the powder but I prefer to spritz a makeup sanitizer after every use! ---> that's another tip for you!
Do you have a favorite Bronzer brand/color?
Do you wear Bronzer as Blush like I do?
Do you wear Bronzer as Blush like I do?