So year 2016, Belo up'd their game by creating an instant flawless, no-makeup look in a tube called Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream. Given the fact that I have used and tested so many BB Creams, I raised my brows on this because I have this inkling feeling that this product will be "heavy" against my skin. (That was my judgemental side talking :P)
All thanks to my Sample Room family, I get to try this out amidst all the judgements on top of my head! So after 2 full weeks of use, I'm ready to share my thoughts.
Note from AMW: I did a patch test prior to applying this all over my face! Please do the same if you have sensitive skin.
I look pale, but that's my pale face with a layer of Belo BB Cream
What sets the Belo BB Cream apart from the rest of the BB creams, is the "Conceals as it Whitens" promise. I know most BB creams have whitening properties but seldom do I find that "whitening effect" even after a year of usage! (Referring to my Skin79 VIP gold BB Cream)
Belo Tone Correcting BB Cream Says ---
Tone Correcting Formula evens out skin tone and leaves a flawless natural finish.
Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid whitens skin deeply and reduces the appearance of stubborn dark spots.
SPF50 and PA++++ protects the skin against age-accelerating UV rays.
AMW says ---
- Lightweight. Never feels heavy on skin even with 2 or 3 layers.
- Can correct certain redness around my face. (ex. Sides of my nose and cheeks).
- Gives an ultimate "natural-looking" finish.
- Even with high SPF, I am surprised it gives super minimal to almost no white cast on flash photography.
- No allergic reactions.
- Skin feels smooth and hydrated throughout the day.
- SPF50 with PA (4 pluses)
- Even with just 2 weeks worth of usage, I can see how some dark spots around my cheeks (from breakouts) were lightened!
- Possible white cast if user has medium to dark complexion.
- Only 1 shade.
- Dries into a matte-finish.
- Minimal scent.
A light coverage BB Cream that can help create even-toned skin without the obvious "makeup look".
- Best used by light to medium skin tone.
- Best applied using clean fingers.
- For darker complexion, feel free to correct the color by using a darker powder foundation on top.
- If you have dry skin, you can wear this alone without setting.
- If you have oily skin, set the product with your choice of oil-control powder.
- Do a patch test if you have sensitive skin. Best area is below the ear. Leave it for at least 12 hours (night time before going to bed) and check for signs of allergic reactions.
- Concealer is still needed to conceal areas like the undereye. I prefer not to apply this on the eye area just to make sure (as I have sensitive eyes).
- Do not forget to use your favorite sunscreen still prior to BB cream application. Though this comes with High SPF, you will need a good amount to cover the whole face and it is not feasible to use a "teaspoon-ful" of BB cream for the whole face.
- Don't forget to apply on the ears and neck for a natural finish.
- Try samples by grabbing them FREE from SampleRoom!
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types! But works better on users with light to medium complexion.
Where to purchase and how much?
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream is priced at Php349.75. Available in all leading department stores, supermarkets and drugstores nationwide. Grab a full-sized sample from SampleRoom until stocks last.
Belo Facebook: www.facebook.com/beloessentials
Packaging. I love the sharp tip making it easy for me to control the amount of product to dispense.
I can say this BB cream has more of a cool-tone than warm.
As for application, I like to start from the center of my face using my clean fingers massaging the product. I like to add 2nd layer on areas around my skin that needed the most coverage.
Before and AfterAs you can see, the effect is very natural! But looking closely, the redness on the sides of my nose is reduced, the dark cast on the sides of my forehead and cheeks are also gone!
Half Face Test
This is one of the most natural BB cream I've tried and I'm proud this is locally made!
How do you like the coverage of Belo Intensive Whitening Tone Correcting BB Cream?
Will you give this a try since the price is affordable?