So, you love your foundation too much but you just take the foundation bottle with you for the fear of "foundation-explosion". I know I feel that way so I always accept the fact that I don't look at fresh as the time I left home.
Thankfully, brands like Estee Lauder thought of something, the same Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation we love is now housed in a compact, just like BB cushions from Korean Brand. Same concept, different content.
BUT, if you need to click "x" and stop reading, you may have to know that this is NOT the same Double Wear Foundation formulation, the Makeup To Go is thinner in consistency and works especially well as retouch foundation because it won't dry the skin as compared to thicker foundation.
Upon purchase, you get a sleek black, sturdy compact, I like it! Inside, there is a protective sticker which is meant to be remove on first use. You will also find a "clickable button" in which you need to push to dispense the liquid foundation. The sponge? It's made of good quality so no complaints here!
I have to stress again and again to always wash the sponge before use! Nothing beats a clean makeup sponge for pimple-free skin!
Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Says ---
- Dewy. Luminous. Hydrating. Liquid makeup in an innovative, spill-proof compact. Gives you 8-hour wear at the push of a button.
- Enriched with an intense tri-moisture complex, this makeup is a different formula than our original Double Wear Stay-in-Place liquid foundation. It leaves skin looking dewy, luminous, smooth and natural.
- Press the button for your custom look—once for a light touch, twice for more coverage.
- Take it everywhere. In shades for all skintones.
AMW says ---
- Light to medium coverage.
- Luminous finish, giving the healthy-looking skin effect.
- Works even for the driest skin.
- Does not create dry patches, keep skin hydrated and luminous all-day long.
- Coverage may not be enough if you have troubled skin.
- May be too hydrating for users with oily skin.
- Survived 4-5 hours without retouch but won't survive 8-hour wear in our weather without proper oil-control powder.
Light to medium coverage with hydrating properties.
from Estee Lauder
- Peel off sticker on the compact base. Press button several times until makeup starts to flow.
- Apply after your skincare regimen. Smooth on with the sponge or fingertips. Press button to release makeup: once for a light touch, twice for more coverage.
- Wipe off excess makeup from the compact base with a clean tissue. Shut compact tightly.
- Wash gently with mild soap and warm water. Squeeze gently to release excess water. Do not twist or bend sponge. Lay on a flat surface to air dry.
- Use sponge and apply with patting motion for medium coverage.
- To lessen the look of moisture, set with oil-control primer or use oil-control primer underneath if you have normal and oily skin.
- You can also use a brush for light coverage.
- For heavier coverage, apply your favorite concealer after Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal and dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Estee Lauder counters priced at Php2,690.00 (approx $59.00)
1 pump is enough for half of my face.
Shade: 1W2 Sand is actually a tad bit light on me. It will settle down though after 5-10minutes.
Application technique:I like to fold the sponge as photographed below and gently pat the product for better coverage. This method also keep my dry skin from flaking.
Before and AfterAs you can see on my "after" photo, the shade SAND is light on me so you can literally see a "mask", but don't worry, it settles after a couple of minutes and it blends well afterwards.
Shade matching aside, it gives a nice "glow" and my skin looks healthy, even and hydrated. The redness on the sides of my nose and dark undereye circle are heavily reduced!
Half Face Test
Overall, Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go is unique not only because of the easy-to-tote along packaging, it is unique in a sense that I can easily do some retouch midday without having to worry about keeping my skin flake-free. It hydrates my skin at the same time, gives a nice luminous glow on every application! It gives medium coverage thus it can cover certain redness and dark spots.
How do you find Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go (shade matching aside?)