Hi AMW Friends! How's the contour-thing going on by your side?
I have been a master-contour and highlight girl for the year 2016! I am claiming 2016 to make myself look slim --- not through exercise of course :P
I recently tested Maybelline V-Face Duo Powder, I love to contour using powder because that's the easiest! And here's a funny story --- Kyle's school guard went up to me and said: "You look different, there's something different with your face" And he's pointing out to "surgery" and I just laughed and said: "Natural beauty!" Then I realized, it was the Maybelline V-Face Duo Powder that I have been using for the past month! I hope he's not reading this, and he shouldn't! :P
Maybelline V-Face Duo Powder Says ---
Achieve gorgeous definition easily with this Face Studio V-Face Duo Powder from Maybelline. Create and emphasize the dimensions of your bone structure with this two-tone powder.
Shades: Light Medium, Medium Dark
AMW says ---
- Packaging, comes with a mirror and a brush that works!
- Does create subtle depth.
- Can double up as a blush powder for users who have medium to dark complexion.
- Smooth powder.
- Easy-to-blend so less mistakes.
- Pigmentation is just right to create a subtle contour and highlight.
- Decent staying power.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- I find the V-shaped highlighter/contour powder makes it difficult to grab the right color.
A very good start-up highlight and contour powder! Decent staying power and easy-to-blend. Pretty affordable too!
- The contour powder shade could look extremely obvious so better to blend well with a separate clean brush.
- Use the brush that comes with the compact for better result. As it is difficult to grab the right powder if you use a bigger brush.
- Can be used to contour not only the nose and cheekbones, this can also be used as an overall face powder to warm up the face! How? By mixing both shades together in a big brush and blend.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, for the love of the highlight powder, for the contour shade, I think Light Medium would be better for me.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Those who prefer to highlight and contour on a daily basis. Works for ALL skin types. Medium Dark would look great on users with fair to medium complexion. Darker complexion users may find this to look almost non-existent.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at local Maybelline counters priced at Php399.00 (approx $8.00)
Compact Packaging that comes with a nice mirror and brush.
The brush is quite decent, made from natural animal hair and can grab the right amount of pigment.
Application: Contour PowderIt is very important to "slant" the brush at a certain angle to grab the right contour shade. I like to apply this on the sides of my nose and below the cheekbones. After applying the right amount of product, I use a separate "clean" face brush to blend.
Additional Tip: This is also a nice shade to warm up the whole face!
You can apply on the sides of your face to create a slimmer face.
Application: Highlight PowderThe bigger portion is the highlight powder which I like to apply on my cheekbones and the center of my face. This gives a natural "lighting" to my face even without the light!
Before and After
Can you see that extra glow? I'm in love with it!
Full Face Look
How do you like the look of Maybelline V-Face Duo Powder Medium dark on me?