Christmas may be over but the Christmas-feel and spirit should always be there! It isn't difficult when I have a simple yet feel-good makeup on! My recent purchase from Etude House called Twin Shot Lips x Tint in Mug x Chai Shot is no exception! It gives me that Christmas-y feel and the name reminds me so much of the "Soju Shots" I had with my Beauty Blogging Friends with AGC's Andrea!
Etude House Twin Lipx x Tint Twin Shot
Shade: Mug x Chai Shot
From Etude House PH website, there are 9 shades to choose from
Etude House Twin Lipx x Tint Twin Shot is one of the most recent release for lip products from the brand aside from their new colors of matte lipsticks! I am actually interested with this product immediately after laying my eyes on the tester because of the easy ombre lips this may give! I also grabbed this for the fact that I can own 2-3 shades of lip color aside from creating gradient lips!
YUP, that's me, trying to maximize the use of each product!
The product comes with both ends! One end is the creamy nude color while the other side is the more vibrant and pigmented color meant to be applied at the center of the lips! Checking out the photos below, you can see that the applicator looks totally different too!
Swatch: Mug x Chai Shot
Mug color is a nice nude or rose beige which is perfect to be worn alone!
See how it works for my skin tone even with minimal makeup? My face actually look warmer because of the "warm undertone" of this lip color.
Chai Shot is actually a "shot" of bright color! The color is close to Bright Rosy Red which complements the nude rose beige color underneath. I have to note that the applicator for the "shot" isn't doe shape so it is meant for patting just a few pigment at the center of your lips and press both lips together for the color to "blend out". The effect doesn't have to be perfect, which is what gradient lips are supposed to be!
That's me wearing Mug x Chai Shot together
Here's what I have to say about this newest lip product from Etude House ---
- The base color doesn't last as long as the bright color.
- If you have extremely dry lips like I do, you can still use this even without lip balm underneath because the product is hydrating enough.
- The "shot" color leaves a stain on lips even after hours so you still get a good amount of color on your lips even if the base color fades away.
- Both colors are easy to apply but I don't recommend you to apply the "shot" color all over lip as it is brighter than life in person!
- I actually like the no-brainer color combination which actually works for ALL ages!
- Quite pricey at first glance but I like that I can create several lip colors with just ONE nifty product. So worth it na din in the long run!
With all the "ombre lip" products out there, do you think this is worth the investment from Etude House?
For more information, LIKE Etude House on Facebook and follow them on IG and Twitter @etudehouseph