When I received my CLIO Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow from my Althea order, I had one thing in mind...the movie KILL BILL. So, is this product as kick-ass as Kill Bill?
The shade I purchased is in 2 Soft Brown and this product comes with a Tattoo Pen on one side and Brow Mascara on the other side. Definitely my choice of makeup product/s because of the multi-functional properties.
Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow Says ---
(Taken from Althea website)
AMW says ---
- Packaging. So easy to use and perfect for travel.
- You get Brow Mascara and tattoo pen in one.
- The tattoo pen lasts until makeup removal.
- Easy to grip and hold.
- Ink dries easily.
- The pen gives you subtle-looking brows.
- It is hard to second-guess the shade meant for you since this is available online. So I can only depend on photos from website.
- The mascara side is a bit too "reddish orange" on my dark brow hairs making it look unnatural.
- Formulation of the brow mascara is clumpy.
- According to the product info, the tattoo side can last 3-5 days, it isn't in my case, it lasts just 1 day max!
A 2-in-1 product but technically, I'm only using one side (pen side). This is an easy-to-use brow product especially for first-time makeup users. You only need to pick the right color thought.
- If you have sparse browse, it is best to use the Tattoo pen and fill in brows with quick hairlike strokes.
- Since the formulation of the brow mascara is clumpy, I made it work by removing excess of the product on tube before usage.
- If you can still see some clumps, use a clean spoolie and gently brush off to remove excess product.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Those who are intrigued with the brand and product and those who probably do not mind the formulation of the mascara and has the energy to find ways to make it work.
Where to purchase and how much?
I got mine at Althea website priced at Php750.00.
L- Tattoo Pen Side
R - Brow mascara side in shade 2 Soft Brown
(In English and Korean)
I like to start with clean face (no makeup base) and fill in my brows with the Tattoo Pen.
Before and After using only the Tattoo Pen
Now, do you understand why I like using just the pen?
Brow Mascara in Soft Brown
Before and After
As much as the mascara side is called Soft Brown, the shade doesn't look soft at all due to the presence of too much red tone! I guess this shade would be perfect for those with "almost blonde" hair and those with reddish hair!
I wish I went for Earth Brown or Natural Brown!
How do you feel about the CLIO Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow?
Do you know other brands with similar Tattoo Pen/Brow Mascara packaging like this?