Hi AMW Friends! Today, I will be reviewing The Body Shop's ONLY Cushion Foundation! The fact that this is 100% Vegan excites me the most! How effective/non-effective will this be considering it is safe for the environment?
I've tried this more than 2 months and I'm finally ready to reveal my thoughts....
I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS!
Check out my half-face photo using ONLY The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation in shade 02 Vanilla. No powder, concealer even brow products! For the purpose of review, I actually didn't blend the forehead portion for you to see that there really is FOUNDATION applied as the shade matching is quite good and it actually looks extremely natural on me (Like I'm not wearing any makeup at all!)
On the side note, before I continue my in-depth review, I want to say THANK YOU to readers who compliment my skin SANS makeup. THANK YOU! As much as I want my reviews to look more effective (with zits and acne marks and all), it is one thing I am really serious about when it comes to beauty --- my skincare regimen! I don't have deep-set eyes, sharp nose and small mouth, pagbigyan niyo na ako sa skin guys! LOL
Back to regular programming..less talk Nikki, less talk! :P
The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation Says ---
Our multi-tasking Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation is packed with beneficial skin care ingredients in a portable and innovative design. Discover buildable semi-matte coverage for instantly smoother, shine-free skin and 24 hours of fresh moisture. Experience the freshness of a liquid foundation and the on-the-go practicality of a compact all with mess-free application.
- suitable for sensitive skin
- Non-pore clogging
- Designed with a built in mirror and pad applicator for easy on-the-go application
- Formulated with mineral pigments for lasting color
- Made with Community Trade Aloe Vera from Mexico
- Made with Community Trade Marula Oil from Namibia
Aqua/Water/Eau, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Octocrylene, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Sorbitan Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane , Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Propylene Glycol, Rosa Alba Flower Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. [+/- CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/Iron Oxides, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77499/Iron Oxides].
AMW says ---
- Mesh instead of sponge! Perfect! More even application.
- Makeup appears very natural and soft.
- Isn't completely matte so skin looks healthy and glowing.
- Very light and fresh scent.
- Sponge applicator is nice and very useful.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
- Does not sit in pores or dry spots.
- Lightweight, doesn't feel like I am wearing full face makeup.
- Not much oil control so oily skin users need to set this properly or use an oil-control primer.
- Product will finish up sooner than expected as compared to bottled foundations.
A sheer to medium coverage foundation that gives a glowing healthy skin effect.
- Use the sponge that comes with the compact.
- Apply with pressing/dabbing motion for better coverage.
- Wash sponge before use.
- As compared to sponge where you can "flip" to maximize the use, the mesh applicator makes it more difficult to get the most out of your foundation, after you are done, you may cut the mesh to get more of the product underneath.
- For oily-skin users who wanted to make this product last, use an oil-control primer underneath and set with an oil-control powder with a pressing motion. Apply more powder on t-zone or areas that tend to oil up quickly.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, dry and sensitive skin. Oily skin users can still use this but need to set properly.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local The Body Shop stores and counters priced at Php1,695.00 (approx $33.90).
IG and Twitter: @TheBodyShopPH
Packaging is just like that of regular cushion foundation
with simple black and white packaging.
Same color as the sponge applicator.
What's unique with The Body Shop's as compared to other cushion foundations?
The Mesh Applicator!
Give it a few press and product will come out.
A little goes a long way. Start by using the sponge and dab on areas that needed most coverage.
The foundation gives off a glowing finish. Nothing sparkly, just fresh, healthy-looking skin.
02 Vanilla is more of a neutral shade with a bit of pink undertone. Would work best on fair-skinned users.
Overall, I like how "fresh" and healthy my skin looks. It does cover a bit of my undereye darkness and some redness but a little more dabbing will definitely give more coverage.
How do you find The Body Shop's Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation?
Do you like the mesh or sponge better?
Other related link ---
The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation Review