As much as I'm not into face primers because I am born with perfect skin (JUST JOKING!).
Well, it is the fact that I'm too lazy to apply full face makeup on a regular basis so I don't think I find the need to use face primers. NOT UNLESS, I get a face primer that says --- SMART FILTERING SMOOTHER, a product that blurs imperfections to keep me "Selfie-ready" anytime anywhere!
It is no surprise that the top skincare brand in Japan came up with their own "face smoother" under the Ibuki line! I gave this a test right away after learning about this product during the Beauty Discovery Event last February.
Shiseido Ibuki Smart Filtering Smoother Says ---
"Picture-perfect looking skin. A game-changing formula that acts like a smart filter reducing the appearance of pores and leaving skin with a fresh, smooth, matte look.
Reveal the coveted look you thought only a selfie filter could deliver! This game-changing formula acts like a smart filter with a skin blurring effect. The velvety, lightweight texture uniquely turns matte on skin and immediately absorbs excess sebum from skin’s surface. Visible pores become less noticeable. Sleek and compact, the container slips easily into your pocket, giving you the power to have beautiful, selfie-perfected skin anytime, anywhere."
AMW says ---
- Packaging. Easy-to-tote along for travel and touch-ups.
- Has a slight scent that is very relaxing. Goes away a couple of minutes after application.
- Helps blur our lines and pores.
- Skin feels smoother so foundation application is easier.
- Helps ease redness around my skin.
- Hydrates dry patches for dry skin.
- Works for ALL skin types.
- Dermatologist-tested. Non-comedogenic.
- I can finish this 20ml tube easily, I wish they will come up with bigger size!
A very lightweight daily face primer to help blur out lines, wrinkles and pores (at a certain extent). Works for ALL skin types.
- I personally think you don't need to apply this all over the face, apply only on areas of your face you like to "blur" like sides of the nose, center of the face and T-zone.
- Apply with patting motion.
- Can be applied before foundation or even as a "retouch" product after makeup application.
- As a professional makeup artist, I keep this in my train case for those clients who need some blurring action (whether pores, wrinkles or fine lines).
- Shade before use.
- Best applied using fingers with dabbing/patting motion.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users who like to "tone down" certain redness, dryness, lines and pores around the face without the heavy-feel.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced locally at Php1,700.00 (approx $34.00) available in all Shiseido Counters and Boutiques near you.
20ml of product in this cute tiny tube.
A semi-liquid milky texture that feels like moisturizer.
It gives a "refreshing" feel during application.
I applied this particular Smart Filtering Smoother at the sides of my nose and center of my face.
Please keep in mind that this product does not give any coverage, it does lessen the "dryness" below the eye area (you may click photo to enlarge) and even dry patches on the sides of my nose has been reduced.
Side View ProfileI don't have big pores (because I have dry skin) but I like how it makes my skin looks "calmer" and more hydrated than the "before photo". It doesn't help that my skin looks "smoother" and fresher on after photo too!
Using Shiseido Ibuki Smart Filtering Smoother does not give me the "very obvious" results which I actually like! I prefer product that makes me feel and look like I am not wearing anything at all! The slight blurring and smoothing action it gives is what made me love this product even more!
Can you see the difference on my before and after photos?
Do you think you need such product in your life?